chapter twenty seven

jeonghan's pov

today, i've got a free time for a while so i decided to pay a visit to aeri before i go to the hospital. i parked my car infront of her house, but, it seems like no one's here so i took my phone and clicked on her number,

"jeonghan? what are you doing here?" aeri came from my behind, i assumed that she just arrived from somewhere.

"oh, aeri. where are you from?" i asked.

but, she looked down. she acted like there's something happened, i wonder what is it.

"i'm asking you, where were you?"

"i- i just bought some groceries." she replied.

i looked at her hand, but, there's nothing. not even a single plastic bag, also her car is empty. i furrowed my eyebrows.

"you're lying." i stated.

"no, why would i?" she asked.

"are you... cheating on me aeri?"

aeri's pov

i was so shocked by his question.

"what are you saying jeonghan? you know how much i-" i said, controlling my voice but he cutted me.

"i saw you that day. you were with jun." he said.

"you know he's my bestfriend, right? also, you were so busy so i don't think it's wrong for me to go out with him instead." i replied.

"so you're saying that this is all my fault? i was so busy, so you can't freely go out with another man?" he said.

and, i was so disappointed by his answer.

"stop this, jeonghan. i'm tired." i said, wanting to step inside my house but, he grabbed my hand.

"so it's true that you are cheating on me, i see." he said.

"jeonghan..."

"how could you say this to me?" i asked, tears were falling down from my eyes.

he didn't know how hurt it is. he was in coma for two months, and when he woke up, he ignored me. and now, he cannot trust me? does he think i'm that cheap? how could him?

"it's true then." he said with a blank face.

without me realising, my hand was so fast to gave a slap on his face. he was shocked.

"aeri..."

i turned around and walked inside my house.

i slammed the door and cried. i was expecting him to say anything or say sorry to me, but, i was wrong. i only heard his car sound, going away from my place.