Bumped Paths

Mia Pov*

"Hah." "Hah." "Hah." I feel my legs growing tired with each stride a run. I know I won't last much longer. "Mia, please come back to me and your father!" My mother yells. I turn back to see my mother in tears on our front porch and my father running down the stairs. This increases my adrenaline and my tired chubby legs increase it's speed and I'm not even sure how when I feel like I might give out at any moment. Lightning strikes in the sky in front of me. I squeeze my eyes waiting for the thunderous impact.

"Mia!" I hear my father's deep voice bellow. "You can't leave us! You have nowhere to go! How dare you do this to your father and mother?! The people who gave you life!!!" He screams. I yelp and almost slip on the concrete as I turn the corner to run into a wall. At least that's what I thought.

*Jacks Pov*
I grunt as I lift the two 300 pounds dumbbells on my 65x70 reps. "Ya know," My little brother Baki drawls. "What is it?" I ask focusing on my reps. "Don't you think you would be happier if you'd... ya know..." My brother drawls again. I sigh and put the dumbbell down. "What Baki? I was just getting started." I grunt. "I'm just wondering if you would be happier if you had a lover, man. I mean." Baki gets quiet. "I know I have." Baki says with his head down. "Baki." I say with a sigh. "Love isn't for someone like me and I'm not trying to be an asshole about it either. That's just not the life I was picked for." I pick up the dumbbells with a grunt ready to workout. One of the only hobbies I live for.

"Whatever man! Stop being such a downer—shit it's raining. I didn't watch the forecast today." I humm in agreement. "Shit! I have to check up on Kozue, I'll see you later Jack." I nod as Baki runs off to his Kozue. As I walk down the hard pavement I ponder on Baki's question. Can I really find love? I questioned. Instantly I'm reminded of my mother and all the pain she had to endure and I can't help but feel it was my curse on her. That she fell in love with my bastard of a father. "Hm." I humm. I don't think the question of me searching for my lover is the right statement, rather. Do I deserve love?

That's what I question as I turn the corner then feel this soft weight press into my abdomen. The person falls onto the wet ground. Irritated, I growl,"Watch where you're—""Please..." The small figure pleads. "Please." The small woman grasps my purple sweater. With a shaky breath the woman begs with her head down. "H-help me." Instinctively I gently grasp her chin with my finger and immediately I'm met with brown doe eyes. "MIA ELIZABETH BUTLER!!!" I here a man yell. "COME BACK HERE!!!" The woman flinches and tugs on my sweater bringing her to my attention. "Please help me!"