𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕠𝕪 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕒𝕕 𝕊𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤.

I thought it was amazing how someone like me was lucky enough to catch the attention of someone like you. 

 My thoughts drowned out the loud noises of trains roughly gliding against the tracks, and the overbearingly loud rain drops, as thousands of them made harsh impact with the concrete. The annoying chatter of people and drenched fingers tapping on phone screens became inaudible.

Obviously, on the one day I desperately needed my umbrella, it'd be nowhere to be seen. As I stood there idly thinking about my agitation towards the lies of the weather forecast, I wait for my train stop. Suddenly, the impact of rain drops on my head came to a halt. On instinct, I looked up confusedly, only to be met with a young boy's bright amber eyes. Looking at me ever so kindly. His sharp teethy grin outshining the stars, and blazing red hair that would make the boldest of roses jealous. 

  The rain kept falling. 

You spoke to me so nonchalantly,

"Don't worry, I get it. It happens to the best of us!"

That was the day you generously lent me your umbrella, and the day you told me your name. 

  "The name's Kirishima! And you?" 

 "..Y/N" 

  "Well Y/N, I hope to become good friends with you from this day on! I won't be taking no for an answer!" 

 You flashed that bright smile at me once again. You were like a breath of fresh air. Your warmth beautifully contrasted with the unforgivingly cold weather. You kept your promise when you said you wouldn't take no for an answer. Surprisingly, I didn't mind. From that day forward, we caught the train together. We walked to our schools and parted ways together. We grew and changed throughout the year, and for once I felt like I fit in. Each day, I got to see a new side of you. 

I'll never forget the first time you showed vulnerability to me. As I embraced you in my arms, I felt my chest growing more damp by the second, realising you were crying. I mean, it's not everyday your best friend gets kidnapped during a villain ambush. All I could do was watch, as my heart ached. Seeing someone as caring as you suffer such pain made me somewhat angry at the world.

  "I don't know what I'd ever do without you Y/N. After all this, I've learned to cherish each moment I spend with the people I care about. Which is why I want to ask you something." 

"And I suppose that is?" 

I asked you curiously. 

"Never leave my side. I want you to be the one next to me as I experience the journey of becoming a hero Y/N. And I know this is out of the blue, but I don't think I've truly shown you just how much I appreciate you. How much I appreciate my friends. I guess witnessing Bakugo get taken within seconds made me realize that. So please. Don't ever leave me?"

Now that I look back on this moment, I'm pretty sure I knew I had feelings for you. 

  "I wouldn't dream of it." 

I told myself that everything was going to be okay. I'd finally found someone who brought out the best version of me. Someone who appreciated me. But soon, our two way street became a three. 

"Hey there! The names Mina Ashido! But you can call me. Uh, Mina!"

I greeted her with a soft smile. "Y/N!" You'd told me she was a friend. Nothing more. I didn't mind our friendship of two becoming a friendship of three. So, why did I feel so misplaced? I know I was being selfish. I know I was overreacting. 

  But the rain wouldn't stop falling. 

She reminded me so much of you. I learned to be jealous of that aspect. The fact that she could reciprocate your energy so effortlessly, while I didn't shine any where near as bright as the two of you did. Day by day, our perfect balance of 2 became more disrupted by the uneven 3. As the rain fell harder every day, the light in your eyes faded away, only shining for her. Your laugh had began to angelically sync with hers, harmonising. Under different context, it would've been music to my ears. If only you'd do the same with me again. I didn't mean to act more cold towards her. I didn't mean to act more cold towards you. But my jealousy would only thrive every time I saw the way you talked to her. My feelings turned bitter, because I knew damn well I could never match up to a girl like her. Who would trade a talented, beautiful, aspiring hero, for a mediocre school student like me? I wasn't anything special. At least not like you and her. 

  But as the rain kept falling, and the skies grew darker, 

 you'd only mocked me more. I just stood there. Pitying myself over how agonisingly much she outshined me. I couldn't bear to look at you, as I finally realised. You were too far out of my reach.

  The rain only fell harder.

But this time, you weren't there to lend me your umbrella anymore, as the rain harshly impacted harder, and harder against my dishevelled hair. How cruel. It was as if the world was telling me 'It was meant to be this way.' My eyes follow both your figures longingly, as you now shared your umbrella with hers. Both of your warm smiles illuminating under the moonlight. The sight only served as a sour reminder that you could never be mine. That this was how mother nature wanted it. I wanted to run after you both. No, I wanted to run after you. But how could I even dare to touch you?

  For beneath these sad skies,

you shine brightest with her