Chapter 1: At it again

"Cal? We just got a call from the Police Department, one of the cops there wants to talk to you about..." Foster looks down at the small folder of papers she was holding, "Vera Walters? Do you remember her?" She asked.

Cal spun around to look at her as he thought about the name, trying to remember. He set his elbow up on the arm of the chair and rested his head.

 "Oh, yeah I remember her. She's the psychopath that tried to murder that group of college girls at one of those sorority party things. Yeah... she only murdered one right? What line?" He finished,

"Oh, pleasant, line 3." She smiled and walked out the door, closing it behind her.

Cal rolled his chair over to his phone on the right side of his desk, and picked up.

"Dr. Lightman," He answered

"Yes, hi. This is Terry Rogers from the Washington Police Department." Mrs. Rogers said.

"Ah, yes Mrs. Rogers how are you? Tha's good, so what about this Mrs. Walters then?" He leaned back in his chair to return to his usual casual position.

"Well, she was just released from prison about a week ago, but she's been up to some suspicious activity, we've been keeping an eye on her under the request of one of her neighbors that claim they've seen some interesting things going on in her house" Rogers said.

Cal took a deep breath, "Hmm... What kind of things?" He asked.

"Well, the neighbor say's he's been seeing Vera packing several guns and knives in bags and that there is a wall right in front of the main window in her living room that is covered with pictures of...Well..." She paused.

"Well? Spit it out!" He leaned forward, suddenly intrigued.

"Dr. Lightman? The wall was covered with pictures, of you and your daughter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What am I supposed to do? I can't just let a criminal run their course for the second time, and besides. This one specifically involves me!" Cal said, while walking through the hall way of his business with Gillian Foster beside him.

"I'm not saying you shouldn't do anything about it, I am saying that you should let the police do most of the work, just to make sure you don't get hurt. Okay?"

They had stopped walking now, Gillian was facing him with that begging expression on her face.

Cal huffed a bit "Alright, fine. I won't get directly involved, even though I already am..."

Foster laughed "Thank you. Now go pick up Emily, she's going to be worried you know?" She turned and headed the opposite direction they had been walking. Cal had made it back to his office to grab his keys, and head out. The phone began ringing.

"Y'ello." He said, still standing.

"I have Emily. If you want to see her alive, meet one of my boys here in 10 minutes" A message was sent through text to his mobile, he reached into pants pocket to grab it.

"If you don't show up, tell someone about this or you bring any one with you... I. Will. Kill Her." The person became very aggressive with that last part, they weren't bluffing. Cal was in shock. He hung up. Emily. He immediately opened the message, 'Meet me at 43 Addison Rd. There's a Pawn Shop, don't go in, but meet there.' Anger was boiling inside of him, he was going to find whoever was responsible for this. And he was nearly positive he already knew who it was.