Chapter 86: The Game Plan!

"And...  Well.  The end I suppose.  I would spent the next 6 years, liberating any planet I could get to in time, teaching all of their citizens how to fight for themselves...  Before long; they would join up with the U.G.P.A. and receive both supply and financial aid from the Plumbers, as long as they agree to work with the plumbers."  Ren replied.

"The...  U.G.P.A...?  What's that Sensei...?"  Izuku asked.

"Oh, I never told you?  It stands for the United Galactic Planetary Alliance.  It was an act put into place by the plumbers about 30 years ago, proposed by Ben, meant to unify any planet willing to join from any solar system into one collective union where we all come together to fight any intergalactic threat, as well as support each other in the case of any cataclysmic event."  Ren replied.

"Awesome...!"  Izuku muttered.

"You know the rest after that... I arrive here on Earth as per recommendation of Professor Paradox. He said that this planet had a looming and hidden threat that the people here would need help with...  So I came here and spent most of my time trying to find out what this looming threat was, while fighting these small time losers...  But all I found... Was you. My student, my future successor..."  Ren continued.  "So...  Any questions at all?"

"Whatever happened with Vilgax?  Is he...?"  Izuku asked.

"He's still out there...  Somewhere.  He's been silent for the past 6 years but...  He'll come for us eventually...  For you...  As long as you wear the Omnitrix...  You'll always be a target to him..."  Ren replied.  "When he comes...  We have to be ready.  Worst case scenario...  You have to be ready...  For them...  Michael...  Albedo...  And Vilgax..."

Izuku gulps slightly before taking a deep breath, calming himself down.

"L-last one...  Why...  Why are you looking for a successor...?  I mean...  I'm grateful that you chose me, but...  You're only in your 20's aren't you...?  And you're still really strong!  So, I guess I just..."  Izuku asked.

Ren looks at his hands once more, examining the scars on his arms before clenching his fists.

"I guess...  A part of me still feels a bit unworthy to wear the Omnitrix...  A part of me that isn't able to forgive myself...  A hero is someone who acts for the sake of others, always putting the innocents first and foremost.  I suppose... I thought that was the kind of person I thought would be worthy to wear the Omnitrix.  But I...  I chose vengeance over keeping my promise to Ben...  To keep doing the right thing.  I acted on my own personal need for vengeance...  Someone like that shouldn't be a hero..."  Ren replied in hesitation.

Ren chuckles as he scratches the back of his head before shaking his head.

"Sorry, I'm sure this is a lot to take in...  Didn't mean to drop all of this on you so suddenly, but the ball kind of just kept rolling and...  Well...  I couldn't hide it from you...  Not when you're in so much potential danger...  So...  What do you think?"  Ren asked.  "About me...  About what happened with Ben...  About...  About the things I've done to try find Vilgax...?  Did it...  Did it change how you look at me at all...?"

Izuku and Ren share a moment of silence before Izuku approaches Ren, surprising him.

"I'm...  I'm sure it was hard...  To relive all of that again...  Just so you could come clean with me..."  Izuku said to Ren, who listened closely.  "And...  I'm thankful that...  You felt comfortable enough to tell me all of this again...  This hasn't changed the way I look at you at all Sensei...  Not one bit..."

"Izuku..."  Ren muttered.

"Sensei...  You were just hurting...  You blamed yourself for something you couldn't control...  I won't lie...  The things you did...  It scared me a bit."  Izuku replied, making Ren look down in shame.  "But...  I was only scared because I thought you...  You were going to tell me that you killed someone.  I'm glad that wasn't the case..."