The First I Love You

It's was late hours in New York City, down in the lair, Mona Lisa stood infront of the bathroom mirror just staring blankley at her reflection & not liking what she sees. After her mutation, Mona has been finding it very difficult to accept her new apperence & having to accept the fact that she'll never have her old one back "hey Mona you okay in there honey?..you've been in here for quite a while.." the voice of her boyfriend breaks her away from her thoughts before answering "oh yes i'm okay babe just getting changed i'll be out in a sec.." after hearing her boyfriend's footsteps go further away from the door, Mona quickly pulls off her jeans & long sleeve t-shirt to change into some cozy pj shorts & her favorite oversized hoddie that belonged to Raph, even though her boyfriend's clothes were always 3 times her size Mona still loved wearing them, it was like wherever she went, she had a piece of Raph with her which gave her so much comfort. After getting changed & tying her hair into a messy bun, Mona leaves the bathroom & makes her way to her boyfriend's bedroom which she knew he'd most likely be in. Mona stands by the door frame while watching Raph silently struggle to put on his headgear which he always had to wear to sleep "need some help?" Raph turns & smiles at his girlfriend "yes please" Mona let's out a giggle before walking up to her boyfriend, helping him with his headgear & finally getting it on "there you go handsome" she says while giving him a kiss on the cheek which made Raph blush "thanks babe it's always a struggle to put this stupid gear on, it's very fustrating" Mona lets out a silent giggle, she loves hearing how Raph's voice slightly changes due to having his headgear on "i know you don't enjoy them but you do need to wear them...decides i think you look adorable in them". Raph playfully rolls his eyes before gently giving his girlfriend a hug which she happily accepted back, rapping her arms around him before both pull back "you were in the bathroom for quite a while...you sure your feeling okay?" god Raph could read Mona's face like a book, desides from Mikey, Raph is the second best when it comes to emotions & communication which was what Mona loved about Raph the most, he doesn't try to mask his emotions, he'll talk about this issues with her or his brothers & they'd all help him get through it. Mona looks up at her boyfriend & rethinks on the question he asked her, she could lie & say she was perfectly fine with her new mutated body but she knew she could never lie to Raph like that cause he'd never lie to her ( unless it was to protect her ) "babe...am i ugly?.." the question suprised Raph abit, thinking how can someone as beautiful as Mona ever think about herself like that? whenever he see saw Mona all Raph could see was pure beauty, she was beautiful both as a human & now as a muntant, she still was beatiful to him "no of course not babe...what would you think something like that?" He knew why though, he knew she was feeling insecure about her new form but he didn't rush an answer out of her, he gently rubbed her back while her head rested on his large shoulder while he waited for her answer "it's just...been a huge change you know...with this new form, this new lifestyle, this green skin, the lizard like hands, the tail...everything..." Mona starts chocking on quiet sobs, Raph continues to rub gently circles across her back, listen carefully to everything Mona is saying "it's all just too much...i know it's all my fault for trusting big mama...it's just...if i hadn't of trusted her then i'd still look like...well me i guess...and you wouldn''t have that scar on your arm" even though she whisperd that last part Raph heard it perfectly ( he has really good hearing ) "you know what big mama did wasn't your fault right?" Mona looks at him abit shocked at his responce, how wasn't it her fault? "babe you almost got your arm cut off how isn't it m-" Raph gently grabs her face into his massive hands, moving his thumb loving across her cheek "honey what big mama did to me wasn't your fault, i chose to challenge her to a battle nexus fight, i chose to take that risk of dying to her & i chose all that because i felt the need to take away the person who hurt you the most..."
Mona looks deeply into her boyfriend's eyes, letting him continue speaking "...what she did to you was wrong... so wrong...you didn't ask to be mutated but she did it anyway...i'm sorry i wasn't there to protect you from her...maybe if i actually arrived on time i could've prevented it & you'd still be human like you wanted..." Mona is left speechless so Raph decided to speak again "but Mona please know & never forget what i'm about to say..." Raph thinks over what he's about to say & looks deeply into Mona's shinning green eyes he loves so much & he knows now is the time to say it "i love you Mona..." Mona eyes grow 10 times bigger hearing what her boyfriend had just said, he loves her? Did he just drop the L bomb? "Raph..."  "Please Mona just... please let me finish..." she nobs her head smiling, letting Raph continue "i love you..both as a human & as a lizard, you've always & will forever be beautiful to me nothing is ever going to change that ever! heck when we first met you never looked at me with fear, disgust or horror once, you only looked at me with nothing but pure fascination, curiosity & care in your eyes...everyday i love & care about you more & more, these feelings only get stronger whenever your around...i love you in every shape & form...i love how your skin glows a brighter green in the light, i love how whenever we cuddle your tail wraps itself around us, i love your personality, your smile, your eyes, everything...i love everything about you" Mona bursts into tears of pure happiness, jumping into her boyfriend's strong arms, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck, planting small kisses onto his cheek without hitting off his headgear "i love you too Raph...I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Raph starts giggling & quickly jumps up lifting up his girlfriend into his arms, causing her to let out a cheerful squeal as she lays her forehead down on top of his, god she loves this goofball so much. Mona starts playing with his headgear playfully with her fingers "hey i really wanna give my boyfriend, who i love so deeply a kiss on the lips, mind if i take these off for a moment?" Raph starts to blush & playfully roles his eyes "of course my love" Mona carefully takes off Raph's headgear & drops it slowly onto his bed so they wouldn't break, she then slowly turns her head back to her boyfriend & gently grabs his face with both her hands & pulls him into a kiss which he happily accepted back.

~ That's the end! This was my first ever fanfic i wrote so i apologise if i made any spelling mistakes or if it didn't make any sense lmao-🥲 but anyways i hope y'all enjoyed the story & remember #saveriseofthetmnt