Ch. 1: Get along?

[Zoro: 6 in the morning]

October 1st, 2022

   "Zoro! Zoro! Wake up!"

   Zoro groaned in response to Luffy shaking him vigorously. 

   "Leave me alone, it's too early for your crap." 

   "Aww, I'm hungry!" 

   "Can't your brothers make your food?" Zoro's body rolled around to the other side of the bed,  stuffing his face deep in the pillow.

   "Hmph! Come onnn... Please? " Luffy whined. 

   Zoro could resist the punches, nudges, and whines that came from his silly so-called best friend, he was used to it by now. So he said one more thing to Luffy before he lost his cool and his sleep. 

   "If you don't get out, I'll throw you out myself." 

   Luffy in fact did not hesitate to leave the room, stomping out angrily. 

   Sleeping Beauty slept but not a peaceful sleep. More annoyed and uncomfortable. Luffy is clueless and an idiot when it came to most things, which meant Zoro couldn't leave him alone if he wanted to. Although he wasn't a very good cook himself. 

   With a loud groan, Sleeping Beauty rose from his bed.  

   Zoro was now speeding down the stairs when a whiff of burning hit his nose. 

   "Ah, you're awake, my child. Mind helping us make breakfast? It seems I have done something wrong..." Mihawk waved his hand toward the burning stove.

   "You're both hopeless." Zoro glared as he stood and the entrance to the kitchen. His panic-filled eyes now going soft on his dad. 

   He was no cook but he knew most things, thanks to his culinary class. 

   While they ate breakfast, it was quiet. You could hear a pin drop... Maybe because Zoro scolded his dad for almost burning the house down, it was pure awkwardness after that. 

   Maybe I should say sorry. Zoro sighed and continued eating the pancakes he prepared just the way Luffy liked them.

   Luffy didn't even last a second before he got up again and served himself seconds. 

    "So tell me, silly boy, why do you come to eat with us?" Mihawk set down the coffee cup in hand. 

   "I like you guys! Me and Zoro have been friends since forever, right Zoro?" Luffy smiles widely, turning his head to look at him. 

   Luffy and Mihawk noticed that Zoro was lost in a trance. 

   "What are you thinking about, my child?" 

   "I'm not a child anymore, dad." He sighed in annoyance. 

   "Ah, well..." A tinge of pain sparked in his father's yellow eyes. 

   It was true though, he was getting older and wasn't a kid anymore. Nonetheless, that name made him cringe. 

   Zoro chose to not acknowledge it anymore and got up.