~Chapter one~

I sat there in the corner of a cell. The four walls slowly closing in on me. My breath is steady as I'm watching the guard outside my cell. The guard is always there. I don't know where I am anymore. So, I won't go anywhere because they wipe my memory every week. I have no idea how old I am. I can only make guesses based on my appearance. I don't know who my parents are. Also, I don't have any of what normal living circumstances are. A few cell blocks away are two teens, they also have powers. We train together. Whilst I'm completely lost in thought a loud explosion goes off. I don't pay attention to it because I've gotten used to it.

A few minutes later the guard in front of my door falls to the ground. In front of my cell is standing a suit made out of iron. It breaches my cell. The suit opens and a man steps out of it. I cower back in a corner of my cell afraid something is going to happen to me. "Don't be scared, nothing is going to happen. I am going to get you out of this place." He says. I look at him questioningly. However, I hesinantly walk closer to him. "I am Tony Stark by the way. What is your name?" He says. "I- I am uhm... I am... I don't really know...?" I answer him truthfully. "Hey, that's okay. We'll figure that out later. It's okay. We got to get out of here if we want to make it out in time." I nod at him. He hands me an earpiece which I immediantly put into my ear.

He quickly leads me out of the building. As we're nearing the exit I suddenly hear someone in my ear. "Clint's hit", a familiar female voice says, "somebody want to deal with that bunker?" After that an explosion was heard, as was a thank you over coms. We have now left the building and the other people come in sight. "I need to head back inside. There is something I still need to do. I'll ask someone to pick you up. You can communicate with everyone by touching your earpiece, okay?" Tony says and I nod. He touches his earpiece and says "I've found a prisoner, can someone get to the exit of the building to get them away from the battle?" It's silent for a second. "I'm behind the bunker that was just destroyed. I'm going to head back along with Clint. So if they could meet us there that would be ideal." The same female voice says. Tony looks at me. "Can you get there by yourself?" He asks me and points in the direction of the bunker that just exploded. "I should be able to get there." I answer him. "Stay safe. I'll see you soon buddy." He says and goes back into the building. 

I start walking towards where the female says she was. I see people all around me fighting. One of the twins is sprinting between the trees and attacking people. One of the guards walks towards me. I try to run away but he follows me. I see a female with red hair standing next to a man that has been shot. I start running towards her more quickly. After a few moments she sees me. She looks at the person behind me and runs in my direction, leaving the man for a second. I stop when I am near that man. I turn around and look at the female that just passed me. She is attacking the guard that was following me. She takes him down with ease. The moves look familiar but I don't know why I know them. She gets back to us. "Lets get out of here now." She says. I pick up the man that was lying on the ground. "Oh, thank you. You didn't have to do that, I would have carried him myself." She says. "It's no problem, I can carry nearly everything so don't worry." I answer. She looks at me in confusion but lets it slide. We walk further. I start to feel comfortable around her. "Where are we going?" I ask her. "We're going to the quinjet. That's where the others are coming to as well after they are done. We walk further towards it and enter the jet and get comfortable.

After a few moments of silence, she asks me "What's your name?" I look at her. "Uhm, that's kind of a hard question. I don't know really. My mind was wiped every week. So, I don't know how old I am and I don't know my name either." She was flabbergasted. "You don't know either of those things? I am so sorry." "Yeah but I've learned to live with it. So, it's all good." Then the ramp of the quinjet opens and the others enter. I quickly stand up to look for Tony, he rescued me after all. I see him walking towards me. "You're okay!" I say happily. He laugs at me. "Of course I am okay. I am Iron man. I won't go down that easily." He shrugs. I give him a friendly slap and start laughing. "I don't know what Iron man is but it sounds cool." Then everyone in the jet falls silent until a man in blue speaks up. "You don't know Iron man?" He asks. I look at him in confusion. Luckily the female, whose name I still don't know, speaks up. "She doesn't know her own age and name because of mind wipes hydra gave her. So, perhaps we can first research that before we start anything else." She says sternly. Everyone looks at her and mutters a yes as if they are kind of scared of her.

~Authors note~

Please let me know what you think of the first chapter. Thanks for reading! :))

Wordcount: 980