The Devil's Playground

October 16, 2019 / Based On True Events / Deep Web

Written By: Jody Kotze

|Be Aware And Careful Of Everything You Do And Decisions You Make, As It Can End Up Being Your Biggest Life Mistake|!

My foot tapped eagerly on the floor of the internet cafe. I looked at the unattended laptop, then back to the counter. The laptop been sitting there, unlocked, for over 10 minutes— it would be an easy sell, and I had bills to pay.
As soon as the barista opened the double doors and disappeared into to the kitchen… I went for it. Quickly packing up my belongings, I covered my head with the hood of my sweater and swiftly grabbed the laptop on my way out the front door. My heart was pounding as I jammed the PC into my bag and began my brisk walk home. I couldn’t help but feel paranoid, as if everyone’s eyes were glued to me.
I jogged up the stairs of my stoop, frantically typed in my door code, and hurried into the living room of my condo. I had done it, I was home free. Adrenaline continued to pump through my veins as I opened the laptop on my coffee table. I couldn’t believe it—It was still unlocked. I pondered as to why someone would disable the lock screen and leave a laptop unchecked for five hours. At that moment, I felt like they deserved to have it stolen.

Still, I knew I had to cover my tracks. I placed a small piece of black tape over the webcam, and searched the PC for any tracking or security software. I found nothing. After exploring the applications and hard drive, I concluded that everything seemed pretty basic for the most part. However, one icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop caught my eye. It depicted an animated, bright-red demon holding a pitchfork. The text under the logo read, “The Devil’s Playground.”
My curiosity peaked, and I opened it. An auto-filled log-in page appeared:

Username: xXScarecrowXx
Password: **********

I hit enter, and my eyes lit up. It was an absolute goldmine. A flood of endorphins washed over me as I browsed the content: thousands of pirated movies, TV shows, games, and music. There were even films that were currently in theaters, and premium TV shows with up to date episodes. All were HD and the streams were flawless.
I was in Heaven.
I went to the refrigerator, cracked open a beer and basked in the euphoria of my incredible discovery. I had just discovered the proverbial Mecca of pirated content. Five beers later, I continued to rifle through the electronic wonderland and queued all of my favorite shows and films. The hours flew by. Eventually, one video intrigued my curiosity. It was at the bottom of every page I visited, and the thumbnail portrayed the same devilish image as the icon. The description read: “Victoria” in bright, pink lettering. As soon as I clicked it, a new window popped up and an image came into view.

Immediately, I noticed it was a live stream video. The camera was pointed on a blue, suede armchair in an otherwise empty, white-walled room lit only by a single, overhead, fluorescent light.
What happened next took me by total surprise.
A beautiful woman entered the bright room. She wore a long, white, silk robe covered in a pattern of golden flowers. Her jet black hair and red lipstick highlighted her breathtaking facial features. She sat in the armchair and stared at the camera as she spoke,
“Who do we have here?… My name is Victoria.” I continued to watch, wondering if the video was pre-recorded or streaming in real time. “You must be shy, is that why you won’t let me see you?”  The woman said as her lips curved into a seductive smile. My heart pounded like a drum as I looked at the tape covering the lens of the laptop— a faint green light glowed underneath.
She spoke again, “Maybe if I take off this robe you’ll lighten up a bit.”
Victoria got up from the chair and let the robe slide to her feet. My mouth dropped as I stared at her bare body. “So… are you going to let me see you now?” She said with a small laugh. The alcohol in my blood was doing a great job of limiting my inhibitions. I took a deep breath and tore off the tape. Victoria smiled as she leaned in closer to the camera. “Well, aren’t you cute!” She cooed.
“Thanks!” I said with too much enthusiasm. I put my hands up and proceeded to bury my face in embarrassment. She laughed.