Just The Beginning

Perched on the window ledge, Kiya gazed out at the stars, her eyes searching for the absent moon. It had been a constant companion, but now it seemed to have vanished without a trace. Lost in the task of counting stars, she momentarily forgot her longing for the moon. However, its absence gnawed at her, its patches of light becoming increasingly precious in her mind.

Just as she was enveloped in her thoughts, her phone abruptly broke the silence with its insistent ringing. Despite her reflex urging her to answer, she resisted, the melancholy tone of the ringtone only serving to deepen her despair. As the music ceased, a profound stillness settled over her, intensifying the darkness outside.

The velvety black clouds seemed to enclose her in their embrace, amplifying her sense of isolation. Suddenly, a notification chimed, disrupting her solitude. Yet, she chose to ignore it, preferring to immerse herself in the quiet introspection of her own thoughts.

Her mind echoed with a poignant reminder: "Everyone has a past; cling to it, and your future becomes uncertain." With a burst of affirmation, she cried out, acknowledging the truth of those words. Kiya's hands trembled, tears welling up and spilling onto her open palms. Though she longed to release her pent-up emotions, she stifled her sobs, fearing they might disturb her sleeping parents.

Wiping away her tears, she reluctantly turned her attention to her phone, only to be met with a simple message: "Come back." Though her mind rebelled against the idea, she couldn't bring herself to voice her refusal. Retreating into her own space, her thoughts lingered on the events that had shattered her world.

A sudden gust of wind brushed against her face, a harbinger of the tempest raging within her. As emotions surged, threatening to overwhelm her, she fought to maintain control. But as the rain began to fall, her composure slipped, a lump forming in her throat.

Her clenched fists trembled as she struggled to contain her anguish, yet her efforts proved futile. The sound of her phone ringing once more shattered the fragile calm, drawing her back to the harsh reality awaiting her beyond the windowpane.