What happened to me?!

I woke up to the sound of a monitor beating and doctors speaking in hushed whispers.I slowly opened my eyes and look around to what appears to be a hospital.The nurses finally noticing that I was awake,one came to check my vitals and the other went to call what assumed to be a doctor.A few minutes passed and the doctor arrived in my room and started asking me questions about what happened,saying I was found in the middle of the road with a serious head injury,And that I was in a coma for about a year and that it was now July 4th again.No matter how hard I tried and no matter how the doctors tried to help me I couldn't remember what took place last July.The doctor called my parents to tell them I was awake.My parents arrived 30 minutes later as the doctor was checking my physical state."Is she alright doctor?" My mom asked as she checked me over,my dad was talking to another doctor."She's fine physically but she's suffering slight amnesia from a month before her accident and probably won't be able to ever get that memory back."The doctor told my parents somberly they looked just as sad but also relieved?I got discharged a few days later and my parents took me home.Back in my room again I felt relief that I didn't have to stay in the hospital another day.My parents came to check on me through out the day as I reflected on the situation I was in.Apparently I got my first boyfriend early July and at first everything went great he got along with my parents just fine but a few weeks later he started getting possessive of me,not letting me go home near the end of July,and attacked me near my house in the back of the head.I was sad at first that I couldn't remember my first kiss and my other first times but kinda felt relieved that I forgot since the possessive behavior probably would be pretty traumatic to remember.I asked my parents if he was put behind bars when they told me what happened "The police didn't do anything due to not having enough evidence against him" my mom told me as we ate lunch. I was scared at the thought my attacker could still be out there waiting in the darkness waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.