Not My Love Story

"Jenny, okay, truth or dare?"

Because of that very question, my secret admiration for Brian was disclosed to everyone in our batch, including himself.

After 3 years of high school, of me achieving as many as i could, and me trying to catch his attention as hard as i could, i thought he would maybe take a glance on me. Take a chance on me.

But i was wrong.

All these years, i'd tried my hardest for him to notice me.

I'd always join school competitions and gained a lot of trophies and recognition in return.

I'd also been so conscious of my look. I was aware that I was a bit chubby and i had pimples and acnes on my cheeks. So i tried getting into fitness and healthy foods. I want to look my best for him.

But, i guess that wasn't just enough. I wasn't just enough.

My classmates had always told me that he must be so lucky to have me liking him. I didn't think that he felt that at all.

He had always tried to avoid me like I had a contagious disease.

I'd tried to reach out to him through Facebook. But I got so anxious because that would be my first time to chat with him through it, so I asked my best friend to chat with him first.

After telling me that he was nice and there was nothing to be anxious about, she told me to chat with him, and i did.

And to be frank, it was one hell of a blushing night for me. Every thing he said, from his hello to goodbye and his cute emoticons, made me feel all the fluttering butterflies in my stomach.

I slept that night with a smile i couldn't seemingly wipe off of my face.

The next few weeks, i kept in touch with him. I befriended him.

I would always ask about home works and school works, even though i already knew about it. I just couldn't help it. I always felt the need to talk to him, even just through the screens of our computers.

I never had an actual conversation with him in person because i knew it would be awkward. At least in fb chats, it would be less awkward thanks to emoticons and there would be no classmate who would tease us.

Talking to him was like a drug, the moment I started it, i just couldn't stop.

I thought this would be a start of something new for us just like Troy and Gabriella from High School Musical. I was such a hopeless romantic back then. But, i couldn't blame myself. You were my first love... and my first heart break.

I thought everything was doing perfectly fine until this one day came.

My best friend talked to me in private. She told me everything. She told me that she'd always been chatting with you ever since I'd asked her to. You two became close friends. Until, she confessed to me that she wants more than that for you two. She liked you. My best friend liked you.

I said it was okay, that I was okay. Even though, I wasn't really sure about that.

Yes, I was upset. I was shocked. I didn't really thought she would like you. All along I thought she liked your best friend named Cris.

Well, feelings change.

So, I tried to avoid you. I thought it would be better if me and my best friend didn't like the same guy. That way, it would be less painful if ever one of us would fall deeply into you.

I stood correctly.

The next few weeks, she called me and said that she didn't like you anymore.

I didn't really know what to feel.

But then, i knew deep in my heart it was still you.

Even though I'd been avoiding you, you were someone my mind and heart couldn't avoid.

My feelings for you didn't change a bit, but my feelings for someone did. I found it awkward talking with my best friend about you anymore. I noticed there had been a gap between us.

So, I continued avoiding you. I don't want anything or anyone to get between me and my best friend.

Then, me and my best friend reconciled and got a lot more closer.

Then, you called. You called me. I was shocked you even knew my phone number. I felt all the butterflies in my stomach once again.

But what you said made them die.

You asked me about my best friend. You were worried about her. You said she was ignoring you.

Didn't you think I might get hurt by asking me about another girl? Are you that insensitive? You knew I liked you.

But then, I didn't let jealousy to get the best of me. I talked to you like a friend would.

I told you maybe she was busy and i would just talk to her and let her know you were worried.

And I did, and it attested my speculations.

She told me she didn't like you anymore and I thought it was a lie until she continued and told me she didn't like you anymore because she loved you. She just didn't want me to get hurt even more. She eagerly asked for forgiveness.

Who was I in this story to not forgive her, right? So, I asked her to talk to you once again, yet she refused.

That was why when I got back from vacation, I messaged you both to come to the school bleachers. You were both oblivious to the fact that I messaged the other and the fact that i would ditch you to have your privacy and time to patch things up.

I still went though to sneak a peek from you guys and you were talking happily.

Maybe, it didn't turn out that well for me, but who cares? At least I'd been a friend to my best friend and gave her what she needed, and I'd love you enough to let you go which marked the start of this story which is not my love story.

"Hey Jenny!" Cris called as I trudged away from the bleachers.

But maybe this would be.

--
Sup guys! Ren here. This is my first time to write a story here and if it's not that good, a person has to start somewhere, right? You can just leave constructive criticisms to help me out!

Edit (Aug 9 2020) so i redownloaded Wattpad on my phone and found this unpublished story on my drafts. This was written, I guess around 2015-2016?