Chapter 18 - Can We Talk?

[Correlates with Chapter 43-44 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

Four and a half hours of silence on the plane. We didn't speak at all. Not a word. I hated it. I hated every miserable second on that plane. But finally we are off, but we have been squeezed in the back of this car together with Gigi and Hunter.

We arrived at Mackenzies house first. I was going to ask to stay with her so we can talk, but I think it's better I just go home.

"Bye Gi, bye Hunter, bye Johnson" Mackenzie said then looked at me. I have to move so she can get out. So I did, I got out of the car and I grabbed her bag for her. Once she got out, she looked up at me and I dropped her bag and pulled her into her a hug. I don't know if this will help, but I hope it does.

"I love you Angel" I whispered. She hugged back for a few seconds then pulled away. She didn't say it back again. I shook my head then grabbed her bag for her and handed it to her.

"Thank you" She said as she grabbed it. I grabbed her other hand that wasn't holding her bag. She looked at our hands then at the ground.

"We can talk about this later" I said and she looked back up at me. She didn't look like she wanted to talk.

"Bye Jason" She said pulling her hand from my grip. She went to walk away, but I grabbed her arm. First she's not going to say I love you back and now she can't even kiss me. "What?" She asked confused. I stepped closer and grabbed her face, but as I was about to lean in she said, "Jason don't" A tear fell down her cheek. She pulled my hands off of her face.

"Mack-" She cut me off.

"Goodbye Jason" She said then walked away. Why does this hurt so bad? I got back in the car and didn't look at anyone. We started to drive again and I kept my eyes out the window.

"You good?" Hunter asked me. I shook my head, but didn't look at him.

"I'm pissed off." I said in a low tone. Ten minutes passed and we were home already.

"I'm going somewhere real quick." Johnson said as he started to walk to his car before we even went inside.

"Yo drive me to Mackenzie's?" I asked him as I followed him to his car. He nodded then got into his car. I threw my bag in the back seat and got in the car too.

"Changed your mind already?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I don't think I can wait." I told him and he chuckled.

Another long ten minutes passed and we were back at her house.

"Thanks bro" I said then jumped out quickly. I started to walk up to the front door then it swung open. It was Mackenzie's mom who looked surprised to see me.

"Back already?" She joked. I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Come on" she said then stepped aside for me to walk in. "Mackenzie!" She yelled as she shut the front door. "How was the trip?" She asked me.

"Oh it was great." I lied with a smile. "Thank you for allowing it." I added on.

"Of course" She said with a smile. I heard footsteps and looked over to see Mackenzie now. "Well I have to go to work so I'll see you later Mack and it was nice seeing you Jason" Her mom said as she opened the front door again.