Chapter 1

Boyfriend awoke with a big yawn. He couldn't sleep well last night. He never does. He looked at his alarm with an annoyed look and shut it off. Another day of hell. He put on his signature white shirt with the ø symbol, his blue pants, and his hat. Hats were against the dress code, but he was able to get away with it. Boyfriend didn't bother brushing his hair. It's not like he had any luck getting pretty chicks. Or guys for that matter. He stuffed his things in his bag, saving his microphone for last. He could never forget his microphone, it was his prized possession afterall. He walked out of his room to the kitchen. On the refrigerator there was a note that read

"Had an important business meeting! I'll be back in a few days. There's plenty of food. xoxo, mom"

Boyfriend sighed. His mom always had meetings. He ate his breakfast and headed to school. Without his mom driving him, it was a 20 minute walk. Once he arrived, he walked around to the back, sliding his fingers across the cold brick. Students weren't allowed in the back, which was the exact reason he liked hanging out there. He sat down for a few minutes scrolling through his phone until a certain ginger haired boy greeted him.

"Hey Boyfriend." Pico waved.

His hair didn't look brushed, but Boyfriend couldn't judge. His wasn't either.

"Hi Pico!" Boyfriend greeted his friend.

"Anything new?"

"Nope, same old same old. I'm working on a new song though!"

"Oh, sweet! Can I hear the demo?"

Boyfriend nodded and grabbed his microphone as well as a notebook he kept full of lyrics. The funny thing is, the lyrics weren't in english. They were all in beeps and boops, but Boyfriend surprisingly made it to where each song sounded unique. He grabbed his phone and pressed play on a new beat he downloaded. He proceeded to sing Pico a minute of his new demo, and Pico bopped his head to the beat.

"Sick! Though I wouldn't expect less from the music mastermind himself." Pico complimented.

"Oh staaawp..." Boyfriend said playfully.

Admittedly, he wasn't the best at accepting compliments, but he used YouTube to learn appropriate and funny responses, as well as trying his best to understand tone. He used YouTube for a lot of people related advice, due to not being the best at talking to people. His lack of social skills was due to being autistic, but Boyfriend was too hard on himself and refused to believe so. He didn't like using his autism as an excuse for things. Regardless, he couldn't deny the fact that he needed accommodations such as headphones.

"It's true! One day, I'm gonna learn an instrument, and we'll start a musical duo! The dudes will be all over us." Pico snickered.

Boyfriend smiled and rolled his eyes. Him and Pico loved talking about starting a musical duo, but deep down Boyfriend wasn't very confident that it would work out.

"Yeah, but everyone knows that the singers get the most action, meaning I'll be getting more bitches than you." Boyfriend replied with a smug look.

Pico's face dropped.

"Oh, please! 1. Your songs are in beeps and boops, and 2. Everyone knows that I'm the attractive one."