Home For The Elderly

His chest moved up and down sluggishly. He has been in this so-called home for the aged. This called a home but it isn't a home. If this is a home, it should contain love and affection. But it doesn't have. They should have called it house instead of home.
Of course Mr.Watson got what food he wants but he can't ask for love or something very valuable than gold.
His own children, his ungrateful children, sent him in this hole to die and rot.Mr. Watson did everything for the sake of his children. He sacrificed everything for them. And this is how they repay him? What sort of thanks is that?
Tears trickled on his cheek as he remembered the sweet laughter of his grandchildren. They ran and chased butterflies, flew kites together with their grandfather, and how their eyes grew wide as he told them a tale about pirates. He missed his grandchildren a lot.
And he is also sure that his grandchildren missed him too, when their parents left him to this damned location, he witnessed how they cried and grieved.
His own family left him in this place which is similar to an orphanage. But the orphanage is better than this because someone will adopt you and care for you.Here? Only the nurse's attention. Of course the nurse's have to watch over them. It's their job and if they don't care for them, they will not get salary. In short, they are paid to look after them. Like babysitters.
At first he liked this place. He thought that his family will visit him, but they did not. They gave him away ten years ago. And now, he is already eighty years old! Still...they didn't even care.
He grew weaker and weaker everyday due to the grief he felt in his heart. He only ate little, and often cried in the darkness, wondering if they would take him back or not.
How could they be so cruel? Had he been cruel when he was raising his children?Are they cursing him? What did he do to deserve this? Does he really deserve this treatment?
He took out the box he hid under his bed where he kept the memories his family scarred him.
The first thing he saw,a Happy Grandparents' Day card. A card which his grandchildren wrote. He squinted his eyes. He chuckled slightly at the sight of their sloppy handwriting. It said:
Happy Grandparents' Day!!!
We promise we will take care of you! Hugs and kisses
Martha, Joe and George
And a bunch of stickman drawings decorated the bottom that shows he and his grandchildren having a picnic under the yellow sun.
They promised to take care of him but what happened now? He is stuck in this building! At least they tried to beg at their parents to don't let him live in this area. But their parents are very stubborn, they ignored their children and turned Mr.Watson to the senior house.
Maybe they do not love him. They just made him believe that they love him. Fakers.
Now his time has almost come. He felt it nearing. He will be dead sonner without seeing his family again.
He saw the door open and saw Martha, Joe and George now teens, coming to him. He got his final look and went to sleep with the dead.