1 - The Asylum

~ Y/N ~

"Come on Y/N, it's not that bad I promise," Colby laughs as he grabs my hand and drags me out to the car. Sam is finishing up packing the filming and investigation equipment with Kat. Kat gives me a playful smirk when she sees Colby's hand locked around mine.

"You said that last time Colby and Sam got scratched so bad it drew blood," I state.

"Well I will protect you," Colby smirks. I shake my head with a sigh, knowing I'm not getting out of this one.

"Fine, fine."

Sam and Colby high five in excitement. Kat hugs me and fixes my hair so it's not in my face. I smile at her.

"He pulled me from my room. I didn't even get a chance to put on makeup," I say softly to Kat. She laughs.

"I brought mine, I'll do it for you on the way," she states.

"Life saver," I gasp dramatically. I tuck my phone into the back pocket of my black skinny jeans and climb into the backseat of the car with Kat. Colby and Sam spend the whole time talking about how exciting this location is and that this should be an amazing video as Kat does my makeup for me.

"I don't know why you put all that on Y/N," Colby says, causing me to pop an eye open and look at him, "You look beautiful without it."

A deep blush heats up in my cheeks and I open my eyes as he looks back at me. My hair falls back into my face and I give him a sweet smile before looking back at Kat. She winks and gestures for me to close my eyes. I close them and she finishes up.

"And done," she says sweetly. I open my eyes and smile at her.

"Again my lifesaver," I laugh.

"Seth and Josh are meeting us there too," Sam says as he drives.

"Oh I haven't seen them in ages," I smile, leaning forward a bit, "Where are we going anyway?"

"An abandoned asylum, said to be seriously haunted and the stories that go along with it are pretty intense," Colby explains. I grimace and Colby gives me a reassuring look.

As we start to get closer, I can feel the energy from the asylum. My whole body aches from the negativity, sadness, and pain. I look at the GPS to see we're still a good 5 miles out. Damn, if I can feel this place already then it's going to be super intense when we get there.

We pull in and Kat and I climb out of the car. I pull my black XPLR hoodie on tighter, feeling a sudden chill that no one else seems to notice. I look up at the windows of the abandoned asylum and see people looking out of every window... not people... spirits. I shiver and jump when a hand is placed on my lower back.

"Hey, you okay?" Colby asks softly when I look at him.

"Yeah, I'm alright. This place is just really intense," I say lowly. He nods. I walk around to the back of the car and grab the bag with the investigation equipment. Sam and Colby grab the filming equipment and we head inside.

"Hey there she is!" Josh exclaims as he runs up and picks me up in a hug, spinning me around. I laugh and smack his shoulder.

"Put me down you big oaf," I giggle. He sets me on my feet.

"Y'all have to hear what the tour guide was saying to us when we came in," Seth says with a nervous smile. I turn when I see a woman dressed in a nurse's outfit walk through the room. She looks at me dead in the eyes and then continues on her way. My eyes track her as she walks and I shudder.

"Y/N?" Sam asks, looking at me in concern. I look at him.

"Your name is Y/N?" A man asks. I turn and look at him. He's very obviously our tour guide through the asylum, but he looks shocked to hear my name.