Out of the ashes I rise, you can run but you can't hide

A/N: Jon and Rhaegal become better acquainted and something unexpected upsets Daenerys. Dark wings, hopeful words, rage-inducing words, and some other stuff that I don't wish to spoil!

"I am untamed
You cannot fathom
Get in my way, lethal assassin
I bring the pain
You can't imagine
Nothing but flames
This is what happens

Here I am
A force to be reckoned with
A blade you've been messin' with
Ooh, here I am
A game you won't ever win
It's your grave
Hear it beckoning
Ooh, here I am

Here I Am - Tommee Profitt feat. Brooke
**********

Daenerys

"This a terrible idea," Jon muttered as they made their way to her children.

She turned her head to check on him. His mouth was set in a hard line, hand flexing compulsively, and the furrow between his brow looked as if it were carved from stone. His usual milky pale skin had a slight green tinge, and she had to bite her lip to restrain her smile. She glanced around and, seeing no one, grabbed his hand. Swinging their joined hands as she practically skipped beside him.

"Come on, Jon. It's the best idea I've had in a while. You'll be fine, I swear it."

He chuffed, eyes roiling and darting around.

"If he burns me alive, you will have to explain it to my family." He said with a dark look flung her way that made her laugh and shake her head.

"He won't. He's been very receptive to you these past few days. Today we test if he'll let you ride him."

"Shouldn't you be teachin' me how to ride a dragon before I attempt to do so? We seem to have missed a step in your lessons." He murmured, and this time she couldn't hide her smile.

"Nobody knows how to ride a dragon until they ride a dragon. It's similar to a horse just... in the air." She gave an unladylike snort that made the corners of his lips curl, and an indulgent look crossed his eyes.

"Horses typically have saddles." He pointed out and she nodded.

"They do. I believe my ancestors also used them for their dragons, but the skill was lost after they died. I don't think I'd like one, and Drogon would despise it."

Jon blew out a breath as they crested the hill and her sons came into view. Both had been spinning above the keep all morning but had settled here when they sensed her intentions. Rhaegal didn't look away from Jon as they approached, Drogon simply stared off into the distance, and Daenerys could have sworn he rolled his red eyes. She'd been sneaking Jon up here at night, getting him and Rhaegal better acquainted and was pleased with their progress. Jon remained reluctant, but Rhaegal was eager and impatient. She'd managed to convince Jon to mount him the night before, whispering streams of calming Valyrian, begging her son not to give in to his want and take off into the sky. Jon was scared enough just sitting on his back. Rhaegal had attempted to shake him off at first, he'd never had a rider, and it had taken him a few tries to get used to it. Jon was muddied and bruised by the end of it, but they'd been successful. Then she'd spent some time teaching the Valyrian commands and hearing them in that honeyed accent was almost too much for her to stand. She'd thanked and looked after him in her chamber, her blood heated and inner thighs slick by the time they'd stoped as the image of him atop Rhaegal ignited something inside her that made her want him so badly they almost didn't make it back to her room.