the move in

The small bell hung at the door of the bookshop rings signalling to Aziraphale that a new customer was here . It was a strange occurrence for him to have anyone show up at this time even more so with the fact that he thought he had rotated the sign to tell the world that his shop was now closed .
"Hello , I'm so sorry but the shop is closed feel free to come back tomorrow" he kindly let's out flashing one of his smiles that no decent thing could dislike .
"Just me Angel " Crowley grins which made the butterflies in Aziraphales stomach start moving at a more rapid pace and he had to hope that the signs of his flusteredness was visible to the eye .
"Hi Crowley " He still smiles however this one is more forced , not due to the fact that he doesn't want Crowley here more due to the idea that he has no reason to be here . Crowley has shown up on his own accord so either Armageddon is coming again or he wants something .
Crowley acts out being stabbed in the heart , "ouch ! " He stands back up straight , " you don't need to sound so disappointed I'm heartbroken "
"I'm not disappointed , I'm confused . What is it that you want and make it quick I have lots of new books I need to organise "
"Am I not allowed to just want to see my favourite angel ? " He smirks knowing exactly how it would make aziraphale feel .
"Crowley I'm the only angel in the entire universe that would even consider talking to you , your a demon " at this Crowley raises his eyebrows urging aziraphale to carry on and almost tempting him to say something bad . Both of them know that would never happen the angel and the demon had an arcane relationship , one formed over 6000 years simply because the angel had a soft spot for the demon who didn't quite want what it is supposed to want . One that the average person would look at and immediately assume that either one or both were using the other but it wasn't like that . They enjoyed each others company and liked the idea that at the end of the day they weren't alone with what they had been through .

After sitting down and just having an extremely enjoyable conversation over the little things in life that they now appreciate a whole lot more Crowley makes to leave . Aziraphale know he has to stop this he can't bear to be alone after hours of talking to him .
"Would you like a tea , maybe wine or you could even try some food for once . I've made cake I'm an excellent cook "
When the angel looked at Crowley's face he now only saw the soft in it , not the hard , cold stubborn look that everyone else saw . He saw the one who didn't want to harm kids and the one who enjoys looking after plants .
"Aziraphale you know I don't eat , besides my plants need me to water them. Don't want them dying now do we . I'll have to miracle them back to life which I really don't like doing " Crowley winks .
Quite some time ago now aziraphale may have killed a dove during a magic trick and Crowley helped . It made aziraphale just since it's not the fondest memory , especially when it's linked to trying to help the antichrist who wasn't actually the antichrist be good .
Aziraphale scrunched his eyes together while pinching his nose , "yes I supposed you better get going my dear"

The bell at the door of the shop chimed once again , this time not signalling the entrance of a customer but the exit of a friend . For a while he just stared out of the window , hoping that the demon would find an excuse to come back . He already missed the space that he filled and the smell of a bonfire that seemed to follow him . Although many people don't find it to be a pleasant smell he disagreed . He thought it was unique and showed people he wasn't like the rest , the rest of the population and the rest of the demons . That's when he noticed  , a leather jacket just half hazardly thrown across the back of the marroon lounge chair . Aziraphale couldn't help but smile , the biggest smile known to man . The only time one had seen a smile bigger was when Crowley called aziraphale his friend . Crowley couldn't go one day without his leather jacket , he's sure to come back for it .

As expected Crowley came back the next day but this time he left a plant that he bought on the way . This happened multiple times over the next month but over time instead of coming back to collect his last items he would leave them and then also leave something else . Something told aziraphale that it wasn't an accident anymore however he didn't mind . In fact he thought it was cute that his boyfriend was doing this to purposely come and see him .

"Dear do you ever notice everything that you leave behind ?" Aziraphale questioned not quite wanting the truth he'd much rather stick to his own idea . He'd been thinking that it's best to ask , he can't keep going on like he knows nothing surely that's similar to lying  .
"Of course I do angel but if I didn't leave anything behind how else would I get a chance to see you " crowley smirked and when he saw how the angel reacted he felt giddy . Whenever the angel got flustered his cheeks and ears turned rosy , it's not quite red however it's much more pink but it shows a contrast to the paleness of his skin . He noticed that whenever aziraphale was flustered he would readjust his bowtie even if it was in pristine condition , or he would avoid eye contact at all costs just incase he looked and was unable to look away .

They both sat in silence for a little while , enjoying the peacefulness of the shop . Crowley had become accustomed to the smell of old books and started to recognise it as the smell of home . He had gotten used to the rants from his partner about Jane Austen and how women nowadays just don't write the same or how the music makes no sense to him . And that's when his world , just when he thought it couldn't get any better , did .
"Dear , I think you should move in" aziraphale blurted out unable to handle the silence for even a moment more . He sounded uncertain almost as if he was ready to take it back if the demon thought it was a bad idea .
"Might as well" crowley shrugged , he had gotten used to hiding his emotions so at this point in time he hid his excitement .
"I mean look around , half of your stuff is already here it wouldn't make much difference" aziraphale was speaking at such a rapid pace that only he knew what he was saying . It sounded like he was more trying to convince himself rather than Crowley but if it was helping he was more than happy to sit there and listen .
In his new home .
With his love .

Over the next hour , crowley worked on moving his stuff out of his apartment and into aziraphales at the same time the angel was busy moving things around to have space for someone else . He knew he was overthinking it but he wanted it to be perfect . Just for them .

It didn't look much different , they both enjoyed the old look and found comfort surrounded by books that told stories much worse than theirs . They only had one problem now . It's time to sleep . They had never slept in the same bed before but surely now they had moved in together it was the right thing to do . When aziraphale climbed into bed Crowley was there shortly without even thinking twice . Soon his head was on aziraphales chest with the angels arms holding him tight against him . The warmth slowly seeping into Crowley and warming him from the inside out .
Aziraphale was stroking Crowley's hair to calm him and to keep his hand moving so he couldn't see the shaking from how nervous he is .
"I love you angel "
That calmed him .
"I love you too dear , now rest "
And that calmed them both .