Tik Tok One: First Met

August 12, 2015~ a rainy afternoon after work. I don't have my umbrella that day since I thought it wasn't going to rain. When I woke up this morning, the sun shines so bright. Instead of running outside to catch a bus ride, I just went back inside the building. I stayed inside the office building's convenience store. I bought some hot choco for a drink while waiting for the rain to stop. I sat down on a nearby vacant sit, though, some people are sitting around. No choice. 

I put my choco on the table and then put my heavy laptop too. As I was opening my laptop, I noticed this guy who was sitting in the same table, just infront of me. He was smiling while looking at me. It sounds creepy but I can't think of that way since he looks so gentle. He looks like an earthly angel, though I havent seen an angel in my entire life. Our eyes suddenly meets. Luckily, I am still in my senses and quickly turn my eyes away from him.

I start pretending nothing happens. I turned my gaze around to check if there's another vacant sit. Unfortunately, since it was raining outside, every sits were occupied. Uncomfortably, looked at my laptop's screen, pretending he didn't exists.  Checking all my sites like I used to do. Opened my email, and again saw another message from Ms. Q, our editor in chief.

Yes, I am a writer~ a novelist perhaps. I sold one of my best selling romance novel series entitiled Stuck in the Past. I could say, I am good but not the best. Or should I say I am lucky since at that time, people loved to read romance drama. From then, I never had any best selling anymore... and that's my frustration.

It's been six months since Ms. Q asking me to draft a new story, something new that will click the reader. But until today, all my draft stories are rejected. I admit it or not, but it seems like I am really at the end of the road. I felt like crying all the time but if I do that, I will feel more weak. 

Out of sense, my eyes looked at the guy sitted in front of me. He was still looking at me but this time, he seems crying. And that finally, gave me a creep. Weird. I turned my sight in the glass wall to see if raining stop, luckily it is. I quickly finished my hot choco and fixed my stuff, hurriedly catch up the bus ride.

After an hour, I arrived at my home. Like the usual, rest for awhile then cooked for dinner, wash plates then take a bath. As I sat in my dresser while combing my hair, I kept thinking about that weird guy. I dont know why he was acting like that but he seems... cute to me. Oh my, I think I am the one who's weird. That's what you get when you are getting old like me. Just one more year and I'll be in 30s.

[NEXT DAY]

"Miss Mae Kim, Ms. Q asked me to give you this," Audrey, Ms. Q's assistant said as she gave me a note and a medium size envelope. I quickly grabbed that note, and read it.

[Mae, I have a huge favor to asked you, can you go to the other side of the building because Professor Andrew wants to talked to you. And since you will meet him, can you give this envelope for him. Note: Do not open it okay? Thank You - Ms. Q]

"Okay, thanks Ms. Audrey," I smiled and thanked her secretary. Oh my~ it's been a year since I stepped that place. The other side of our building was dedicated for some scientist slash inventors. It's the most sensitive part of the building. No one comes in there without being asked to, unless you were part of them. And the last time, I was invited to visit that place, just to get some inspiration for my novel, I broke some laboratory glasses there. And from then, I swear, I wont come in. But since Professor Andrew asked me, I can't disobey him. He's a writer too though more on science fiction thing.

Then after lunch, I went to the other side of the building. By the way, it's called TechnoLab. As usual, I entered in their scanning machine like door. They let me wear this white lab gowns. I dont know why they called it gowns when in fact, they look robes to me. Someone assisted me to get to Professor Andrew's whereabouts. I passed by the laboratory where I broke something before then passed so many doors. "Oh my~ Can I still get out from here?" I said without being noticed it. The one who assisted me just smiled. As he opened a door, my eyes caught a large capsule with so many lights on it. "Wow" I said. It's the first time I see it and was amazed.

"Is it pretty right?" Professor Andrew whisphered in my ear to my surprise. Then he make a hand sign that we should go at another place.

"What is that Prof? I asked curiously about what I saw.

"Nothing. It's just an experiment we are trying to make" he said. " Oh, here we are" as he opened the door to a room with so many plants inside. It's like a garden inside a building.

"Oh prof, before I forgot why do you asked me here?" I said while looking at some beautiful flowers.

"I want you to meet someone, a buddy of mine" he said and I remember that a month ago he told me he was going to introduce me to someone so I can have inspiration.

"oh no~ I am thinking what I am thinking" I told him with a sour face. But before I could say more, I saw weird guy again. This time, he was approaching towards us. "You?" I bluntly said.

"So.. you know each other?" Professor Andrew asked surprisedly. Then, I came a little bit closer with him and whisphered, " That guy's weird yesterday, he's smiling then crying". Professor looked at the weird guy and shook his head.

"Dont worry he's not," Professor Andrew whispered back. "By the way this is David Simons, a Scientific Engineer." he introduced that guy and he came forward as he was given me a shake hand while saying, "Hi". His voice looks normal, and now he's smiling again. Instead of shaking his hand, I just gave him a slight bow and said, "Nice to meet you Mr. Simons." Then he put his hands in his hands away. "I heard so much about you and it's nice to finally meet you," that surprises me. So he knows me? eventhough I dont know him. That's weird.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, remembering the envelope and gave it to Professor Andrew. He get it right away. " I didnt see what's inside okay. Ms. Q told me not too" I said being defensive even he was not accusing me. He just smiled at me and the other one smiled too. "I told you" I heard professor whispered to him.  

After that meeting thing, I went back to my table in the other side of the building. They were busy on something. You know how scientist are~Weird. And, so that weird guy got a name --- David Simons.