0.01 : dream world

It was the end of summer vacation in Hakuho High. There were a large amount of students arriving at the front gate, with them chatting amongst each other and greeting one another. Alot of the talk was about the amount of homework they received during the break. Some was about the loved ones they saw in a different prefecture. And one of them was...about a certain someone they admired.

'...I wonder where he is...'

Reo Mikage was waiting at the front of the gate for someone that he wanted to see. The obvious, Nagi Seishiro. Of course, Reo had the option to walk with him to school but he didn't have the confidence too. It wasn't like he never done it. It was just this time, after the summer break, he realized something very important.

"Reo."

Reo instantly turned towards the voice and saw Nagi approaching him. He put on a smile and walked over to him happily.

"Nagi! Are you ready for school?"

"Hmm..."

The two of them began walking towards the school and everyone began to greet them all casually. Reo, being the more popular one, had to deal with alot of people, especially the girls. Nagi on the other hand...

"Hey, Nagi! Wait!"

There was not a single person who came to greet him. As sad as it sounded, he didn't really care. Reo was able to get back to Nagi's side after greeting everyone and the two of them entered school. After this, they would usually head over to the rooftop but this time, Reo had other plans.

"You're going to the library?" Nagi asked in a slightly confused tone. It was almost like Reo wouldn't step foot in the library and now he's going to?

"I'll be back soon it won't be too long!" He tried to brush it off but Nagi wasn't buying it. Thankfully, Nagi ended up slowly making his way to the rooftop alone and Reo successfully made it to the library. After finding an empty area and sitting on the table, he placed his head down and let out a long sigh.

'That was close...' he muttered as a small blush rose up to his cheeks. Reo didn't want Nagi seeing him in this state. It was practically obvious at this point.

'Why did I fall for him?'

Despite having around five minutes of alone time to himself, it wasn't long until Nagi came back for him since he supposedly was bored of being alone at the rooftop. Thankfully it was enough time for Reo to get his composure back together and the two of them headed towards class. 

Hours then passed and the bell finally rang, indicating that school was over. Interestingly enough, Reo was the first one to get out the school, followed by a confused Nagi. The two of them wouldn't leave the school so quickly so it seemed like Reo had other plans. 

"You're going home now?" Nagi asked immediately the moment Reo stepped outside the building. Reo had a nervous look on his face and began to think of a good excuse as to why he was doing this. 

"Yeah...I got something to do...but I'll stay with you tomorrow!" 

Before Nagi could even answer back, Reo had already left the school grounds. He made his way towards his house and shut the door. He then slid down against the door and let out a sigh. 

"...this is harder than I thought."

Reo tried his best to forget about the situations by doing his homework or making a meal but it didn't work out. He couldn't forget about him. It was practically impossible. The only thing he could do now was just live with these feelings even though it was wearing him down. More hours passed and it was finally night time. He got himself changed and lied down on the bed. Reo then checked his phone to see some messages from Nagi. Some of them saying if he was alright or not. Reo let out a chuckle and a blush followed right after. He responded to Nagi and then hugged his pillow right after. 

'I really do like him...'

And he thought about Nagi again. Thoughts that one would have about their crush. And after some time, he dozed off with those thoughts, into a deep sleep. 

. . .

The sounds of constant ringing woke up Reo early in the morning. Confused, he opened his eyes slowly to look at his phone alarm going off. He turned it off after a few seconds before contemplating what happened. 

'I don't remember setting up an alarm...'

He glanced over at his phone again and checked the time and date. He stared at it for some time before grabbing his phone instantly.

"It's Monday? It was Friday just yesterday?" 

It was confusing. Super confusing. Was he dreaming? He quickly got out of bed and checked the tv to see if his suspicious were correct. It was indeed Monday. The Monday that was supposed to happen in some days, not now. 

'...am I going crazy...? Wait! I'm going to be late for school!'

Without missing a beat, he quickly made himself some breakfast, ate, and dressed up before heading for school. Just as he got out, he saw Nagi at the front of his house with his phone in his hand. A small blush appeared on Reo's face before he approached him.

"Nagi! Were you waiting for me?"

"You didn't see my message?"

"Your message...?" 

Reo took out his phone and checked his messages and indeed, Nagi had texted him that he would be outside of his house. But looking more at the texts, something seemed a little off.

'...I don't remember sending these...? and why are they so...'

"Reo? What's wrong?" Nagi looked at him as he stood close. Reo instantly looked down as he got flustered. 

"It's nothing..." He put his phone away.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure..."

"Hmm...okay."

Just as Reo was about to say something, Nagi slowly leaned in as he pushed Reo's face to meet his. Reo's eyes blinked rapidly while Nagi continued to grow close. And then it happened. His lips captured Reo's. It was soft, sweet...a had a touch of passion. Reo's eyes widened when he realized what was happening and he stood completely still. A few seconds later, Nagi pulled back and a small smile appeared on his face. 

"Good morning, Reo."

Reo's face instantly turned red while seeing his smile. 

"D-Did you just kiss me???!!!" Reo exclaimed while pointing rapidly at him. Nagi tilted his head to the side like there was nothing wrong with what he did.

"Why? Boyfriends do this....right?"

"Eh?"

Reo's eyes widened when he said the word.

"W-W-WE'RE DATING????!!!!"

. . .

hello! i hope you're doing well. this story was prolly random but i've been interested in doing it for a while so i hope you like it!

if theres any ships you want me to add to the story feel free comment them on this line!

im not very sure ab the upload schedule but ill try to update at least once a week. 

i hope to see you all soon!

-rhetxtery (rhettery)