☁️ ☁️ ☁️

The girl couple were lying in their shared bed in the hotel room.
Jenny was sleeping soundly, hugging her stuffed toy of Sha the Sheep. After a day of finishing essays, she deserved the night's break.

Sophie, on the other hand, was trying not to close her eyes, even though the blankets were comfortable, even though the pillow was soft, even though her girlfriend's presence was soothing, she didn't want to sleep.

Why? Because she, since she played that arcade game named "Bunnyfarm", has had very strange dreams, or rather, nightmares.

Distorted faces, blood everywhere, and piercing screams were the things that poor Sophie had to see in her nightmares; people she didn't remember, but she swore she'd seen them before.
She didn't want to dream those things, but she couldn't help it, that game had left her very traumatized and with many questions.
So, the only solution she found to avoid those nightmares was not to sleep, some nights it worked, others it didn't, causing dark circles to start appearing in her eyes.

Unfortunately, on this night, she couldn't stay awake, and slowly closing her eyes, she laid her head on the pillow and fell into a deep sleep.
Well, here begins the horror.

When Sophie opened her eyes in the dream, however, she was not greeted with the usual things.
She didn't come across graphically hideous corpses, or a forest where it could see blood on the grass, or a musty old yellow house.
Instead, she was met with a reddish sky, a sunset. She could see fluffy clouds around her and see that she was standing in them. There was no noise other than a low, soothing tune in the background.
Sophie was confused, why was she dreaming something so different? Why was she among the clouds? Was it a prediction that she was going to die?

Trying to look around her, looking for another person, she saw that from afar there was someone. Sophie quickly walked to where that person was, and there she took a better look at they.

The person was a woman with pale skin and curly dark brown hair. She was wearing a yellow sweater and a red skirt, with black heels and white stockings.
There was nothing weird about her, well, except that her eyes were being covered by a black rectangle, and she had large white wings and a golden halo on top of her head.
The woman smiled when she saw her, she was sitting among the clouds. Sophie looked at her bewildered, the woman was so familiar to her, despite not knowing what her eyes were like.

"W-who are you?" Sophie asked to the woman. The woman laughed lightly.

"Don't you remember me, Sophie?" The woman answered. Sophie blinked, that woman knew her name.

"Y-you look familiar to me, but I don't think I remember who you are..." She shrugged slightly.

"Well, my name is Rosemary, Rosemary Walten" The woman introduced herself.

"Huh, my mother had the same name" Sophie said smiling. Rose smiled too; Sophie had the same smile as her father. "Uhmm, Rosemary... Where are we? Are you some kind of... Angel?"

"We're in heaven, don't you see silly? And yes, I'm an angel" She replied, before being interrupted by Sophie.

"Wait, am I dead?" she asked alarmed.

"Oh no no no! Don't worry, you're not dead, you were just brought here to see me" Rose was quick to answer. Sophie nodded confused, why would she have to see her? Wasn't this a dream?

"W-why should I see you?" Sophie asked again.

"You are asking too many questions, my daughter" Rosemary said almost laughing. Sophie's eyes widened.

"Daughter?"
Rosemary nodded.

"Yes, I'm your mother. Sorry to tell you so suddenly, but I couldn't stand it" She revealed "Don't you remember me? Don't you remember those moments when we spent together, as mother and daughter?"

Oh, how could she forget them: those moments spent in the summer, those moments spent cooking together, painting together, and hugging each other whenever a storm started and Sophie was scared.
Her mother was the most loving and patient person Sophie had ever seen, and losing her along with her family was a horrible feeling now that she remembered it. She so wanted to cry and be comforted.

"Mom..." She said, tears in her eyes held back, trembling.

"Yes, darling?" Rosemary asked in the purest tone she had ever heard.

"Mom, m-mom..." Sophie couldn't take it anymore and she burst into tears, as she ran to her mother's lap and positioned her head on it, hugging her legs and wetting her skirt with her tears.

Rosemary stroked her daughter's hair gently, while her other hand rested on her shoulder.
Sophie kept crying, this was a dream, but it felt so real, she felt that she really was in heaven, and that she was really hugging her mother turned into an angel.

"Why are you crying, my little one?" Rose asked, Sophie lifted her head to look at her, she was smiling and the black rectangle still covered her eyes, as if she could remember her but not quite. A very sad thought for her.

"I miss you... I-I miss you so much..." Sophie replied, laying her head back on Rosemary's lap. The way her hand caressed her trembling head felt so good.

"I miss you too, Sophie... We all miss you so much" She replied, her voice a little broken from wanting to cry.

Her mother kept stroking her sad daughter's hair. Sophie could feel how Rosemary's big wings covered her, they felt so warm and made her feel protected.
She really wanted to see all of her family like this.
Not being horribly dead, or asking him for help and freedom, or crying blood and screaming.
She wanted to see them being happy to see her, and hugging each other in a big hug with tears of happiness.

But seeing her mother was enough for her, she was the person she missed the most and whom she wanted to see the most. For once, her brain gave her a good dream.

However, her brain did not make all her dream.
The reason why she was hugging her mother was because in real life she was hugging someone else.

Jenny was woken up in the middle of the night by a sob and arms hugging her.
When she turned to look, she saw that her girlfriend was crying and was trying to hug her.
This alarmed her, and she quickly accepted her hug, setting her stuffed toy of Sha aside.

While she was hugging her, Jenny was stroking her hair trying to calm her down, Sophie was shaking and crying, saying that "she missed her", she didn't mention who. Jenny guessed that this was a dream regarding her family that she couldn't remember.
Sophie was hugging her tightly, the image of her crying uncontrollably broke Jenny's heart, who could do nothing but pat her head and murmur words to comfort her.

Jenny couldn't sleep that night listening to her girlfriend cry, but she didn't care.
The only thing that mattered to her was that Sophie managed to remember her past life, and that way they could return to their normal life, without creepy things or missing people.

Although that was not possible if your partner was a Walten.

🎉 You've finished reading ;; ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 ;; 🎉