First and Final Chapter

(This is as short of a story as it needs to be. All of this was written out in a Discord server so please ignore any gap-like spots. Enjoy hehehe.)

         "Ammi, I'm home!" She shuts the door behind her, shrugging her leather jacket off her shoulders and dropping it on to the ebony shelves by the door. She kicks her combat boots off her feet, shoving the pair on the bottom shelf.

She barely heard her mom call back to her as she made her way upstairs and into her room. It was dark pink--she chose the color when she was six--with black and white stripes in the middle of each wall. There were posters of her favorite bands, female political figures, and space camps for teenagers. Her bed was a full size with black and magenta covers. It had two white pillows and a bunch of old stuffed animals she couldn't bare to let go. There was a plain, wooden desk stuffed with undone homework, illustrations, and half-written song lyrics.

Eula shut the door behind her, dropping her school bag with a sigh and collapsing on to her bed, muttering, "Another boring day of the worthlessness called education."

She laid on her bed for a minute, staring at the white ceiling fan above her. She wondered how fast it could go before breaking off of the ceiling and crushing her.

"Is that pessimism or optimism?" Eula pondered, sitting up and grabbing her black backpack, a different bag from the one she took to school.

She checked the inside. Black crop top? Check. White long-sleeved to go underneath? Check. Black leather skirt? Check. Fishnet tights stuffed into her favorite red platform boots? Check. Black beanie she stole from Dylan? Check. Black leather fingerless gloves? Check yeah.

Eula checks her phone. Sylvia texted her to ask if she was still in for tonight.

Of course I am! Eula thought, half annoyed. She'd been planning with LESS to go see 12 Sailors live in the city for months now! No way is she backing down!

LESS consisted of Laurie, your typical blonde-haired, blue-eyed, fake tan; Eula of course; and Sabrina and Sylvia, twins that looked freakishly like Zendaya. Eula met them at the nightmare of a retail store she worked part-time at. They bonded quickly over their love of dark and edgy stuff.

Tonight, Eula would be sneaking out to go see the best rock band ever, 12 Sailors, preform live for the final time of their new album's tour. Ammi would never have let her go, but her father was just as much a fan of rock as she was, so he let her use up her future allowance to buy tickets. He had told her, "If I can't make it back in time to take you, you can spend that money on something like... clothes. Or something else girly...?" Which made Eula wince. She was not girly.

She was not going to miss this opportunity. She opened her window, tugged on the rope she tied to her bedpost, and hopped out.

         As she snuck away from her house, Raelynn called. How did I forget!? Eula answered right away. Raelynn was in the hospital and she hadn't heard from her since yesterday.

"Raelynn, what the heck happened!? You were on the flippin' news!" Eula started, fists clenched. "We were all worried sick to our stomachs! Are you alright??"

An awkward chuckle sounded from the other end of the call. "Yeah, I'm fine. I don't remember what happened though... I think I just fell down stairs or something," Raelynn answered.

Eula smirked. Her best friend was certainly not the most graceful on stairs. "That's too bad. I know you're clumsy, but you must've fallen down the staircase to heaven to get an injury like that!" She spoke, snickering. Laughter was the best medicine, right? "I haven't seen Anthony in school lately, do you happen to know where he's been?"