𝟎𝟔 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

"𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝒶𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝑔𝓊𝓃. 𝒮𝑒𝒹𝓊𝒸𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒟𝑒𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓎 "

🖤

"Miss Delgado, your mother ask for your presence " I heard Emily's soft voice, who was avoiding my eyes as she spoke.

I looked at her, forcing a smile to appear on my face "Thank you, Emily. I'm coming now" I replied reluctantly, taking one last look at myself in the mirror.

Well, my freedom officially ends here and now.

Why? Because my fucking husband-to-be is downstairs awaiting my presence.

I knew it would be difficult for me and I wouldn't take it easy, but now when the moment came, I feel much worse than I expected.

I don't want to get married, especially not to a guy like Angelo.

But I must not forget that my father chose this for me and "what I want" doesn't matter. Soon I'm going to be Mrs. King and there's nothing I can do about it.

I hope that at least now that Angelo is here I can rid of Maddox.

Maddox.

A stranger, heartless man who causes fucking hurricanes to raging in my body with just one look.

How wrong is it to have this sinful unexplained attraction toward my bodyguard? Probably a lot.

Every time I close my eyes I think of the almost-kiss between us in that alley and how close we were to each other. How close I was to finally tasting his lips.

I swear I saw the little flames of desire in his eyes. I wasn't that drunk and I just know he wanted me to kiss him as much as I wanted to.

But I also remember how he pushed me away in the rudest way, making me believe that all I think I saw in his eyes was just in my fucking head and I was an idiot to think that man like him will want to kiss me.

Since then he's avoiding me and hasn't even said a word to me in the last few days, just like it was before the club. He only talks to my mother at dinner, and when I have to go somewhere and he accompanies me, he just keeps quiet, looks ahead, avoiding my eyes.

Even Tamara saw that something is wrong and asked me if something happened between us, but of course, I said no.

Of course, I saved from her the information that I almost kissed him while I was dead drunk because I had the feeling that by saying it out loud, I was really confessing that this thing happened and I'm so hard trying to get it out of my fucking head.

Last few days Maddox stood at a distance from me while I was in the shelter, glancing at me occasionally for seconds before looking away from me.

Before what happened between us, his eyes were constantly glued to me and he followed me everywhere, but now he looks like he doesn't give a fuck if he's doing his job well as long as he's away from me.

And this hit my ego.

It might not have been the best decision in my life to try to kiss him, but am I so horrible that he doesn't even want to look at me after that? Am I that bad?