26 • Priority

Come and kiss my worry away

----------------------------------------

LIM YUJIN

Faint footsteps become as clear as day when someone approaches the closed door.

As expected, Yeosang is the first person I see when the front door of his apartment opens to welcome me inside.

Thank God the time I took to pick a decent outfit did not go wasted at all.

Because. Look at him who appears to be unbelievably attractive despite wearing a simple sleeveless top and sweat pants. In terms of physical appearance, it is clear that puberty did change him during the course of three years when my family moved here and we separated since then.

Some sense of reality kicks in, making me fully aware of Yeosang - who was by my side during childhood days and Yeosang - who is standing tall before me, are really really different.

It slaps in my face with no mercy.

"You're staring."

The sight of Yeosang's slightly muscular arms before my eyes switches to his face right off the bat. I am caught red-handed, proved by the 'I know what you just did' kind of tone in his deep voice. He surely notices my quietness after letting me in the household.

"I'm not!" I roll my eyes to intimidate him, to the point they possibly jump out of my sockets. "Why would I?"

"How do I know while you're the one who's staring?" He replies while stretching his arms purposely.

His insufferably arrogant face makes me huff with invisible fuming steam escaping from both ears.

"Yes, I'm staring." I muster some shame to fire back before sprinting away as fast as possible. "But nothing can't stop a girl from staring at her good-looking boyfriend anyway."

What the hell is going on in your head, Lim Yujin?

Of course I enjoy seeing the speechless expression on his face but the cringe I just create myself is deadly unbearable as well.

The heat on my face, I'm feeling it very clearly now.

╰┈➤⁀➷

LIM YUJIN

"Lim, you sure you wanna do this?"

I nod while passing Yeosang one of the cushions from my side so we each has one for our comfy later. "Yup. Turn off the lights please."

"But─"

"Hurry up, Yeosang."

I proceed to browse through Netflix, ignoring him who lets out a small discreet sigh. In instant, there is barely any light as all sources of light in the living room where we stay in are switched off, except from his dimly lit TV screen. With the boy joins me on the sofa, I put the Howl's Moving Castle movie started.

There's no way I slip the chance to pick my favorite when the choice of movie in my hand. I know that Yeosang will pay literally no mind and go with whatever I choose anyways. Because he merely sits still and watches me press the OK button without any protest.

"Lay your head here."

Yeosang's left arm resting on the back of the sofa invites me to lean on. I grin, finding no plausible reasons to reject his tempting offer.

Like the movie with uncountable changing scenes, none of us can seem to maintain one position for long either. In the middle of watching, I somehow lean half of my side on Yeosang. A sense of fulfillment blooms inside me as to the steady up and down movements of his chest against my back; or how his arm pulls me close by the waist some times.

"We can still go to the cinema you know," Yeosang suddenly speaks, the motion of his thumb still rubs my shoulder blade in small circles.

My attention turns away from the screen immediately.

"I said it's nothing!" I detach myself from the human pillow to declare my point, "you look fatigue and need rest. That's it!"

The truth is we already planned a movie date but Yeosang has been too busy with his assignments to note that our date is today. And I just happened to find out that he completely forgot when he picked my call up with groggy voice this morning. So I insisted on an indoor date instead which he hesitated at first but gave in eventually.

A worn out smile adorns his face. Again, he closes the distance between us by his arm, engrossing me in the warmth of his collar, chest and shoulder.

"Thanks for understanding..." His whisper rings in my ears, "and sorry."

"It's okay," I whisper back.

I return his hug, giving him pats on the back in order to calm not only him but also my own self. We stay in each other's arms like that, lazy kisses exchanged here and there. The movie is long forgotten and fades into background noise until it ends.

Somewhere in the back of my mind reads disappointment. Within three months of our relationship, we barely find the perfect time to date because of different schedules.

Isn't it obvious? The reality that I - a student in her last year of highschool and my boyfriend - a university student with a part-time job contributes nothing but distance between us.

I wonder if he picks up on the fact that I was expecting today to come so much.

Yet, the logical part of my brain would rather keep that selfish thought to myself than break it to Yeosang. I only want to show my good sides in front of him. We are two years apart so I don't want him to see me as a selfish child who dates too soon for her age.

I gotta woman up to deserve him.

**********

THIS STORY IS FINALLY BACK!!

Another side of Yujin, she seems to have her own worry here...

I'm tempted to drive the story go in the direction that you may not expect (or you already know it lol).

Your prediction? Please comment if you have any. We may share same brain cells who knows? 🤔

Ateez is on tour and I feel so proud of them by just watching fancams tbh. Hope Wooyoung will get well soon to join the members later on.