CHAPTER FIVE: Trading Spaces

What am I going to do?

"You've already kissed all of us." Landon said with a smirk in his face.

"And there was no sense of shame or ownership. No frustration." Eli added.

My core throbs as their lips flash through my mind like a flurry.

"You're thinking about it, aren't you?" Eli playfully asked with a playful smirk in his lips.

"You've already see how good it can be. And it's just the beginning." Mason said with a smile in his face.

"I have an idea." Landon said as he picks up a rock the size of his palm and tosses it a few times while sizing up Mason and Eli.

"Let's play a friendly game of request to figure out who'll host Ann first. It's like croquet, but with rocks." Landon said to Eli and Mason, explaining the game how it works.

"That's hot. Show off of those muscles." I said to him with a smile. I admire the vein sculpted into Landon's arm as he holds his rock.

"Maybe I should get a bigger one." Landon said as he picks up a boulder flexing the taut muscles in his arm.

"The rules are simple. See that tree? Whoever gets the closest, wins." Landon said to Eli and Mason, explaining the rules to them.

Mason picks up a rock and, to my surprise, tosses it as if it were light as a feather. Unfortunately, it flies straight past the tree into another yard.

"I underestimated myself." Mason said as he laugh it off.

"I'll go next." Eli said as he picks up another rock, but despite his strong arms, he barely hurls it a few feet.

Landon tosses his rock, which lands right at the base of the tree.

Landon looks at me with a smile. "Ann, you're staying with me." He said to me.

Landon's tight shirt clings to his frame as his playful smile challenges me to put up a fight.

If I'm spending the night at Landon's, I should be careful about the tone I set.

"I'll call Alice and let her know. I'm sure she'll want to come work with Rowan... on their school project." I said to Landon.

****

After I say goodnight to the other guys, I head to Landon's house. Alice arrives a few minutes later.

"Dad, can Alice and I go to my room and work?" Rowan asked to Landon.

"Working? Alone? With all of your unbridled hormones?" Landon asked to Rowan in shock with a scent of worried.

Alice looks at me, horrified.

"Even the best intentions can land you in the back of a 1989 El Camino with your pants off." I said to the kids as I agree with Landon.

"Gross! I don't even know what an El Camino is." Alice reacted what I just said.

Alice winces as Rowan looks at me like I've grown a second head. I laugh, realizing how innocent these teens are.

"Just promise to keep your pants on." I said to them with a smile.

"Duh!" Alice said as she rolls her eyes.

As the kids work, me and Landon eat a private, simple meal together.

"Thanks for having us, Landon." I said to him with a smile.

"I just wanted the opportunity to spend more time with you." Landon said to me with a smile in his face.