Bets

It was a sunny day at Kunugigaoka. The light illuminated the classroom that lay atop the mountain and students started to slowly pour into the decaying building. They had plenty of time before homeroom began so the students that were currently present started to talk to each other and they brought up a topic which is constantly talked about.

They brought up the bets they had about Nagisa. He wasn't there at the time which meant that they could easily talk about it with no problems. In fact, everyone else knew about these ongoing bets except Nagisa.

"Do you guys think that Nagisa is gonna get sexually harassed by Bitch-Sensei today?" Kurahashi exclaimed.

"No, he isn't. I'm pretty sure Bitch Sensei isn't in today" responded Yoshida who was currently face palming at the stupid question.

"Lets bet then" Kurahashi countered.

The two handed over money to Nakamura who was in charge of all the bets. She was in charge as she was the one who started the bets about the poor boy.

The students began discussing other things to bet about when Kayano had walked in.

"What are you guys talking about?" she asked.

"Oh you know we're just betting about Nagisa" Maehara responded.

Kayano facepalmed upon recieving the answe. She didn't like how they constantly bet about the boy (who she had a crush on). She had only recently learnt about the bets and she was tempted to tell Nagisa but she chose not to due to how awkward it would be.

The green haired girl sat down in her seat away from all the ruckus.

Suddenly, Rio Nakamura pulled out a large container with a label that read "When will Kayano and Nagisa get together? Betting Box".

Inside the clear container was stacks of money, it could easily be worth around 30,000 yen. This was one of the longest bets that had been going on about Nagisa. In fact, it started immediately when the class saw the two together, they could tell that they would get together so they decided to bet on when it would happen.

The one who would win the money was the one who would get the two to confess to each other. If this didn't work out they would simply bet on the date the two would confess to eachother without any intervention. The bets would restart every month which made it easier to bet as their options which be more limited.

Nakamura had pulled out the box due it being the start of February and quietly gathered people to the back of the class where they would place their bets. Kayano knew something was going on but she paid no attention as she wasn't interested.

She could barely hear the conversation. She obviously didn't know about the box as it concerned her as well.

The bets had begun as the students began making their predictions.

"Probably on the 14th" One of the voices whispered.

"You think they're that cheesy?" Another voice questioned.

Kayano would hear similar conversations as people would state a date and a short conversation would ensue shortly after.

A few minutes later, Nagisa had finally walked in and the two best friends greeted each other, the two friends quickly started talking to eachother as the words just flowed out of them, it was an easy interaction for both of them as the two were best friends.

Near the back of the classroom, their impressively smooth interaction was picked up on by a certain white haired boy. He himself didn't really care if they got together or not, it would be kinda nice to see the two of them happy together though. He was in it for the large sum of money, it would be extremely useful to him as it would be easier to make new inventions due to a bigger budget. He made it his objective to get the two friends to confess.