Welcome to Classroom of The Elite

Koenji POV

When one questions what it is to be superior one is superior. 

Not by the mere fact of self-critique followed by self-improvement but through thinking one can prove their superiority over other living things. 

Humanity became what it is today through our ability to adapt. 

The monkeys still live in jungles because they haven't yet learned to change the trees from which they swing into shelters where they can be protected from the wilderness.

However, if one were to be placed in a jungle at birth without guidance from their ancestors would humanity be able to stand atop as the apex predator?

I have doubts about this. 

I have been raised oppositely as part of a prestigious family where all I could ever learn wasn't just an option but forced upon me. 

Does this make me a superior being?

In some ways yes.

But life can not be quantified in such a way. 

The life we live can only be truly quantified by the stick with which we measure. 

If one measures money as their life goal and they are rich then they will feel superior.

If one measures through social impact then they will feel superior to the aforementioned rich man as they will hold the moral high ground.

"Excuse me." My thoughts have been interrupted by some woman.

Let's see what she wants. 

"Yes," I say without acknowledgment with my eyes. 

"...Could you please stand so that this old lady can sit down." 

Why on earth would I do that though?

I turn my head to see a frail old woman struggling to stand and a few on-looking passengers.

Perhaps I can stop my so-called 'manspreading' and allow her to sit next to me as I am occupying 2 seats due to my large frame. 

I bring my legs closer together and lay my head on the window.

I feel the vibrations against my head. 

It hurts but in a calm way. 

"So could you move?"

She is rather dumb it appears. 

"She can sit next to me." 

"Oh, I guess that was also an option." 

So there I sat while the old woman continued to stare at me during the ride. 

not sure if she was trying to guilt trip me or if she was just looking at my face. 

2 stops later she got off the bus and thanked the girl.

Why did you even need to sit down if you were just about to get off?

Why can't people just persevere through such minor inconveniences?

If one wants to lose weight simply consume fewer calories than one needs for regular maintenance.

I hear excuses of my genetics or I'll start tomorrow and it sickens me how weak-willed people are. 

Although, I was raised to improve without the freedom to be unproductive so who knows what would have happened if I had that freedom?