- two - staring

you were sitting at the couches again, playing some game fuckshit made up. fourth grade speaks up. "so, can black people get sunburnt?" ray laughs "are you fucking kidding me right now?" he replied. "i genuinely want to know like every time it's hot out do you need it? is there like black suntan lotion or what?" fourth grade asks. "you a real dumbass fourth grade." you say. everyone laughs except fourth grade. "just when I thought you had a brain, bro you dumb as hell." ray adds on.

"what about you little man?" ray asks stevie. "did you know black people came get sunburnt?" stevie stays quite for a while. everyone's staring at him waiting for an answer, after a long awkward silence, he speaks up. "what are.. what are black people?" it stays silent for a few seconds before ray starts laughing. which cause everyone else except stevie to chuckle too. "fuck, shit that was dope." "i liked that, i liked that." fuckshit and ray say still laughing. "alright, y'all tryna skate?" ray asks. "let's go!" "i'm down." "yeah" "alright then let's go, you coming sunburn?" ray asks. stevie smiles with that same god damn smile that makes you melt. "sunburnnnn!" fuckshit yells. everyone laughs and grabs they're board to head out the door. you look behind and you see ruben saying something to stevie. you didn't think much about it.

-small time skip-

your skating down the street with everyone. ray, fuckshit, and fourth grade are in the front and ruben is slightly in front of you and stevie. you would usually be in front too, but you stood behind with stevie, you could tell he was a beginner. ruben looks back at you two then skates up for the a bit more.

you guys get to the place you were heading. you come to a gate. ray and fourth grade start climbing the fence. "cmon throw your boards over!" eventually everyone's over except you and stevie. you start climbing as stevie starts close behind. you go over but don't jump down yet. you let out a hand for stevie because you could see he was struggling a bit. he looks up then takes it with a small smile. suddenly you don't know how but you fall from the top of the fence. everyone quickly looks over. stevie jumps from the fence to get to you. "yo are you okay y/n?" he says with urgency. "yeah, yeah i'm fine." you reply. "are- are you sure it was a pretty big fall." he says. "yeah dude i said i'm fine." "alright then, let's go.".

your skating around and you see stevie sitting down. you go and sit down next to him. "hey" "what's up?" "so your sunburn now?" you aks him. "yeah i guess" he says with a slight laugh. "how come some people have nicknames and some don't?" he asks you. "i don't know, ray doesn't he's the coolest." "yeah he is pretty cool, why do they call him fuckshit?" "because that's his phrase. 'fuck, shit that was dope!' he always says that." you two look over at fuckshit that says "fuck, shit! that was dope!" as if on cue. you two laugh and look at each other. "see?" you say. "whys is ur fourth grade?" stevie asks you. "because he's as smart as a fourth grader." you say. stevie laughs. "have you not heard the stupid shit he says?" you ask as you laugh. "yeah, i think it's funny." he says. "funny because it's stupid as fuck." you add in then laugh. ray look over at you two and waves his arm over, calling you guys over. "cmon let's go." you say as you and him run off to catch up.

your sitting down on the stairs" next to stevie. you always tend to try to be next to him, you did it subconsciously. you guys are just talking about random shit until. "hey, hey! y'all not supposed to be around here, get the fuck out!" some cop yells at you guys. "ay come here!" "shut up!" ruben threw a small rock at him. "don't throw rocks at me!" "fuck you." "ay, ay little man. get the fuck out!" stevie is about to get up but you put your hand in front of him to stop him. "he's not even a real cop." you say. you say that so nonchalant even though you had butterflies in your stomach from how close you were to him and how you placed your hand on him. "you a rent-a-cop bitch!" someone yelled. "get the fuck out of here." the 'cop' yelled. "shut the fuck uo with your toys r us badge!" fuckshit yelled as the though a drink at him. "hey you know that's a fucking felony right !" the 'cop' yells. "you a rent-a cop!" ruben tells. "yo hip then fence then bitch!" ray yells. "you hop the fence bitch!" the 'cop' yells back. "alright then motherfucker, hop the fence right now beat yo ass" ray says as he gets up and starts walking to the fence. stevie then looks at me. his face says 'is he really gonna do it?' you make your eyes low and smile as you nod no. (a/n hope yk what i mean lmao) rays almost to the fence then the cops says "stay right there little bitch!" ray the runs to the front of the fence as the hop starts jogging away, scared. "where you going little bitch? now i'm in yo face hop the fence." ray says. "man fuck you." the 'cop' says.

you and stevie look at each other and laugh. stevie looks away and back to the fence but you stay looking at him, just smiling. looking at the features on his face. his pretty eyes, how his freckles spread evenly across his nose and cheeks, his lips. you'd broken away by fuck shit pushing you slightly by the shoulder. you look back at him and see him and ruben staring back at you with a confused yet amused faces. you turn your head back a bit before taking a double look back at then then turning your head fully back facing the front. you think to yourself, 'how the fuck am i going to explain how i was just gazing at him like that??!' you place your elbow on your knees and face palm.