Chapter 1

"Hello?" Jason said looking at me.

"What? Sorry I wasn't listening." I said runbing my eyes. We were at Jason's 17th birthday and were playing middle school games. Thanks Mrs. Reed confiscated all of our beer, leaving beer pong (and karioke), not an option.

"I said truth or dare dude!"

"You know what I'm going to pick. Dare." I said, knowing that id probably have to drink toilet water or something weird or nasty. Jason grinned, more evil then usual. "You have to date Luna for a week." Not Luna! She's the biggest nerd at our school! How is a popular jock supposed to date a nerd whos on the chess team? "Dude I have a reputation." I said, not thinking he'll actually make me.

But here I am, at Luna's house, at 12:00 about to ask her to date me.

I knock on the door of her apartment. Once... Twice.. The times... And before i can pull my knuckle away from the door, her roomate, Chelsee, opened the door and literally squealled. Like high pitch, cover your ears, squeal. She was in pink, silk pajamas with white lace around the edges. I was dressed in my favorite ripped jeans and my grey sweatshirt.

"Uh, yeah, hi. I'm-"

"JARRET I KNOW. WE GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL. YOU MIGHT NOT NOTICE ME BUT I SEE YOU ON MY WAY TO THE CHESS MEETINGS! Wait why are you here at 12 in the morning."

"Uh that was what I was getting to. Is Luna here?"

Her overly excited face turned into a frown as she pointed to the couch wher Luna was sleeping.

She looked so cute, so innocent, while she was sleeping. Wait no that's not what im soppused to think. She a weird little nerd. In which I DO NOT LIKE.

Then out of no where, like she had super senses, she woke up and put on her glasses.

"Jarret? Is that your name?" She said, confused, and tired.

I was hurt. She seriously questioned who I was? Hate me for saying this but i should be the one who doesn't know HER name.

"Look, I came here to ask if you would like to go out with me. That's it. You can totally say no if yo-"

"Sure."

"What?"

"I said sure. I, Luna, will date you. I guess." She said it so seriously. She didnt even seem excited. I mean seriously?

"Ok. Well bye?"

"Bye." She said. Shutdown once again. She didnt even want me to stay. I awkwardly left tripping over my black and white vans. The door was slammed in my face and i just stood there, like an idiot, staring at the door.

Faint noises of Luna's roomate's, whatever her effin name is, annoying squeal came from behind the door.

Then I walked to the parking lot. Rain, great. I sprinted to my car and jumped straight into the driver's getting the least amount wet as I could.

How could she shut ME down? Well, at least she said yes.