Chapter 26 - Never Seen You Like This

[Correlates with Chapter 61-62 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

Last night was perfect, honestly. After waiting so long, I couldn't be happier. I got up and showered while she was asleep. I wanted to get up and start the day and was feeling impatient. I guess you could say I'm in a great mood today. A very great mood.

I walked out of the bathroom with only a towel around my waist. Mackenzie was awake and looked up at me from her phone. She's got a shirt on now. I smirked because she was staring at me. I just walked over to my closet.

"My mom wants to take us out for dinner tonight" She told me so I nodded. I went into my closet and quickly changed into boxers, black jeans, a sweatshirt and a beanie. I walked back out to see her laying down and scrolling through her phone.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her.

"When am I not hungry?" She joked without looking away from her phone. I laughed. That's true.

"Alright let's get bagels. Wanna come?" I asked considering I'm dressed and she's only in my T-shirt. She sat up and looked over at me then nodded and stood up. She quickly ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "What's wrong?" I asked because of how sudden that was.

"You look so cute!" She said and I looked at her funny.

"I'm not cute I'm hot" I corrected her and she shook her head quickly.

"You look so cuddly" She said as she put her head against my chest.

"I don't want to look like a teddy bear. I'm changing" I said since I was going to wear this all day and out of the house. How do I look like a teddy bear? It's just a sweater and sweatpants.

"No!" She quickly said. "Please don't change. Wear it to dinner tonight" She said looking up at me again. She pouted and I groaned. She always wins.

"Fine. Hurry up and get changed" I told her. She smiled and pulled away from me. "You look hot in just my shirt" I said as she bent down to grab her bag. She didn't say anything back, but I saw her smiling to herself. She walked into my bathroom and shut the door. I put my wallet in my pocket and my car keys then walked over to my bed and sat down. I'm finally looking at my notifications today. There's nothing important. After a few minutes, Mackenzie walked back out so I shoved my phone in my pocket and stood up. "Ready?" I asked and she nodded. She grabbed her phone and put her shoes on so I started to walk out with her behind me. We walked down the stairs and I beard Johnson and Travis. We got to the bottom and saw them in the living room.

"Where are you two going?" Johnson asked as they both looked over at us.

"To get food. Want anything?" I asked him and he shook his head. I looked over at Travis to ask him, but he stood up. So I know his answer.

"I want to come with you guys" Travis said and started to put shoes on. So we all walked out and Mackenzie quickly got to my passenger door and grabbed the handle. "Not fair" Travis mumbled as he got into the back seat. I shook my head. "Shit I forgot my phone" He said getting out and I groaned. I saw him run inside.

"Last night was great by the way" I said to Mackenzie as I put my hand on hers. She smiled over at me.

"Yeah it was" She said back. Travis was coming back to the car so I won't say any more about last night. I winked at her then moved my hand and started the car.

"Okay let's go" Travis said to me. "So why didn't you guys come last night?" He asked us. I smirked as I stayed quiet.

"We just wanted to have time to our selves for once" Mackenzie told him. She would just ignore him. Too bad she's nice.