Who's That? What's That?

There was once a 14 year old girl, who had pale skin and long brown hair that flowed in the wind. She loved walking in the woods, and, one day, she found a cracked ruby necklace along the path. She smiled and brought it home, looking at it under her lamp's light in the living room. She displayed it over her fireplace, where it hung for years. But a couple days after she had found the jewelry, she felt something was watching her, like something was lurking in the shadows and following her. She brushed it off for months. Until one day, however. That's when she saw it. A tall, black figure, with inhumanly long arms and legs. The only defining thing it had was long red eyes that stuck out from its black skin. The girl saw it in the forest where she used to walk through everyday. Once she spotted it, she ran for her life. She could feel it following her, and when she slammed her front door closed and locked it, she never went outside again. She ordered food, and never did anything outside. Then, one day, years after, she disappeared. She didn't order food. She never showed up in front of her window where she used to read. She was gone. Without a trace. Yet, the necklace stayed above her fireplace, where it still resides.