chapter 1

I'm Stella, my life is very complicated, I have problems, well we all do, but I can't breathe at least not without the help of an oxygen tank. Furthermore, I may or may not have had an accident on purpose, for that reason and other factors I find myself in front of a hybrid adoption home.

But first let's understand why I'm here.

A few weeks ago at my Therapist Anne's office :

- Do you want to tell me why, in addition to having your oxygen tank, you are in a wheelchair? At the last consultation, I must say 3 days later, you were fine.

- Anne my dear and wonderful best therapist in the world... I may have been run over leaving here on the last appointment. But I'm fine, totally fine, the doctor said I just need to wear this boot on my foot for 1 month and I'll be like new again.

My psychologist looks at me with a slight judgmental air, i know what she is thinking a few months ago i was diagnosed with depression, since then she has been scrutinizing everything i do and say. I'm sure that for her this situation is not a mere accident, in fact if I were honest she's right, I might not have been run over, but I won't say that out loud.

-I think it would be good for you to have company, like an emotional support hybrid, you've been so lonely and not making much progress Stella. I worry about your deteriorating health." my therapist said after several minutes of silence.

She can't be serious, I can't be responsible for a life beyond mine, hybrids are people they shouldn't have their lives tied to a person like me.

-I can't do that doctor, I can't go against what I believe, they are human too, they shouldn't have to live with owners they don't even know.

-Stella months ago you said you wanted a purpose to keep living, a hybrid will give you that, plus I don't see a better person to own a hybrid than you. Think you can save a hybrid from a fate with a terrible owner who would hurt him. Do this until our next appointment okay?Our session is unfortunately over. See you next week.

Present moment :

And that's how I ended up here, walking into Mary's foster home for hybrids.The shelter is neat, with an aroma that reminds me of the hospitals I've stayed at, I go to the reception.

-Hello I'm Kai, welcome home Mary, I can help you miss - says the same evaluating me. Well it's not every day he gets to see a girl in a wheelchair holding an oxygen tank, so I get it, what I don't like is the pitying looks I always get, and the murmurs of other people gossiping about me as if I didn't listen.

- My name is Lee Stella I made an appointment with Aera to meet some emotional support hybrids today.

- Oh sure she told me. I'll take you to the visiting room so follow me.

The hallways are narrow, painted a pale yellow with lots of pictures of happy hybrids with their new owners on the walls.

I'm starting to think this wasn't a good idea, I'm worse off than I already am, what hybrid would want a young owner who looks like she's dying in a wheelchair with an oxygen tank, Anne referred me to this home because she said there are many hybrids who have been trained to be emotionally supportive, but what if none of them want me....I wouldn't choose me either OH GOD I should turn around and leave right?

-Here we are Miss Lee , I will call all hybrids that match the description Miss Anne sent us .

My psychologist had sent them an e-mail when I scheduled my visit here, she said that this would make choosing the hybrid easier the question is, I wanted them to choose me as the owner... I didn't want to take away the right of a hybrid to choose the owner ,so I decided to tell Aera to let me know the hybrids that have been here for a long time..they need a home too.

I must have been lost in my thoughts when I look up, there's a hybrid of what appears to be a snow leopard staring back at me. I loved studying about types of hybrids, when I still had no idea I would get sick... then everything went downhill.

- Hmm I'm Stella, what's your name?

-Why the oxygen tank? what happened to your leg? - he asks me at the same time

Hours before
*Pov Snow Leopard

Another day living in the shelter, I miss taking care of someone to be loved...but no one would ever adopt a murderer. I let her die, it was my fault, my fault.

I hear a loud noise, it's breakfast time, before leaving my room, Aera the shelter manager comes to talk to me.

- Today we will have a possible adopter for you, she has been through a lot, I believe you would get along well from what I saw in her file. You must meet there today.

Aera sounds so excited, but I doubt anyone would adopt me, I'm a defective emotional support hybrid who couldn't save his person..how could I be good to anyone.

_____________________________________________

I want to thank @Clairounette645295 for giving me the courage to post this story I'm writing. Thank you so much for your support.💜💜💜💜