1

Nix woke up early in the morning and slowly got out of bed and got ready for work. They dreaded the day because later they had to deal with being invisible since their sister had dinner with her sports team. Nyx was never the dream child even though they are the oldest of three kids. They had all the responsibility, cleaning the house, working, paying rent, and giving the money they had saved up to get their own place to their parents. Nix dreamed of the day they could finally live on their own and not worry about giving their parents money because they didn't budget for the month.

Nix went to work and got everything set up for the day and continued to smile like they were fine, like they didn't have a care in the world. Nix got a text from their coworker that they weren't coming. They sighed and continued on with the normal routine. Nix dealt with it all still having a smile. Their boss complimented them on how they handled everything with a smile. Nix finally was done for the day, collecting their stuff from the lockers before leaving to go home and be unnoticed.

Nix was used to this. Ever since their sister became a straight A student, they became irrelevant. Nix found pleasure in being invisible. Once Nix walked in the door, all of a sudden bombarded with a list of chores they had to get done before their family got home. They just nodded and went to their room, closing the door and changing into an oversized band shirt and some shorts. Nix started on the chores, and before they knew it, they were done. Nix went back to their room and scrolled on tik tok for a while before going to sleep to do it all over again. 

Nix woke up the next morning and wasn't feeling the best, they walked to their parent's room. "Mom? Dad? I don't feel really good." Their mom looked at them, "Funny Nix, get ready for school." Nix rolled their eyes and went back to their room and laid down, "Of course. If my sister gets sick they run to her side but when it's me they could care less." Nix hated to cry but when they did they always stayed quiet not wanting to draw attention to themselves. 

After a few minutes Nix got ready for school and decided to walk instead of go with their parents and sister. They knew they wouldn't get much attention anyways. Nix walked into the school and went to their locker before someone came up and slammed it in their face.