Part 1: viper in the mirror

Rosalie walked down the alley hoping to see even a bit of light in the dimly lit street. Continuing her walk she glanced around every once in a while before heading onward.

Suddenly she heard something like rustling but it stopped and she put it off as her imagination Rosalie walks home to her dingy apartment. It wasn't much but it was home.

"I hope I still have time..." She said with angst towards her upcoming assignment due. After they expelled her from the akadeymia she was invited to go to school in one of schneznaya's best schools. It was less than convenient but better than nothing.

Tomorrow*

Walking into the classroom at the back of the class she notices a minty haired boy sitting in the back of the classroom and decides to sit there and then she realizes it was the only seat open currently and she chuckled at herself foolishly, gaining a few glances from judgemental students.

"Hello!" She says cheerfully to the boy next to her but he does not respond. "I'm Rosalie, and you are?" For a brief moment she didn't believe he would respond until he finally replied with "Zandik" she thought he was grumpy so she decided to be a little extra courteous.

She paid attention to the board in the front of the classroom taking notes on her own instead of copying Zandik's which surprised him but not enough to say anything. Walking through the halls she passes him by and takes a deep breath. "Hello Zandik." She sounded more calm and collected this time. "Hi." He abruptly paused and then took a look at her up and down and then hurried to his next class. "Weird" she thought to herself.

She took the same miserable path back to her dingy apartment building and cooked some leftover macaroni and cheese from a previous night. Taking it from the microwave she burned her tongue on the hot plate and decided to let it cool off.

Rosalie always knew she was smart it's how she'd always been. She had been in multiple honors classes and even had scans done on her brain. "Nothing new" she thought to herself disdainfully. At a young age she had been diagnosed as a psychopath caring only about her goals and taking any measures to achieve them no matter what. She finally eats the cooled down Mac and cheese on the plate in front of her.

Hopping into the shower and washing herself extremely briskly she began a routine she had perfected for maximum efficiency when she was small. Wondering though why Zandik seemed so grumpy all the time she thought it weird to be thinking of people and not her little passion projects.

Sliding into her pajamas and then into bed she turns off the lamp next to her bedside table and dozed off thinking about a way to make it so she wouldn't have to waste time sleeping.

Authors note: Sorry this chapter was so short I was on a time crunch because of my schedule I hope this was enticing enough to stick around for a few to see what happens. I'll be posting every single day so don't worry about me only posting like once a week or month. Love y'all!