•Chapter 1•

//Foz's POV\\

Foz had paced around the newly carpeted floors of Jetpad at least 50 times. He was actually surprised that there wasn't some kind of indent left behind by his tiny feet, and was starting to grow dizzy. It was a hard concept to grasp, that he was finally helping a new generation of Go Jetters form a new team. Paranoid thoughts had been creeping up on him all day, he kept checking to make sure he had actually sent off the letters, and that the right people had received them.

He couldn't help but notice nobody else shared these nervous feelings. Xuli apparently thought the new vehicle was her child, and kept polishing it and taking it for small tests. Foz had to give her credit for her polishing, however, as he could practically see his face in the hood from across the room. Kyan was also busy, helping move the last of the assorted mess of furniture from boxes in the middle of the main room to their old rooms, which were also the cadets new rooms. Unfortunately, a few things had been lost in the process, mostly because Kyan thought he could balance on them, and he couldn't.

Lars had been the busiest by far though. All week he had worked on reworking jetpad. The old, tacky disco aesthetic was gone, and it no longer felt like Foz was living in a huge, overwhelmingly bright disco ball. The flashy neon lights now sported warm yellow bulbs in their sockets, and the walls which once boasted in your face neon paint had been painted over in calmer tones of cream and grey. The floor had also been replaced, and the old dance floor was now gone, leaving a plush white carpet in its place. It looked less like a nightclub and more like a home, a welcome change.

Foz finally swapped out the pacing for a chair, and both his legs and spinning head promptly thanked him. Truth was, he was worrying over nothing. He had been through MUCH worse than a few kids under his care. This was nothing. The others were finishing up their jobs, placing a last lamp on a table or wiping the last fleck of paint off the radiator. Eventually, they had all settled down for coffee before the new cadets arrived, except for Kyan, who instead was given water. Earlier, while he was painting a mostly empty room, Lars had found a scrapbook with all of their selfies in, and they now were fondly going over all the missions while chattering about the new opportunities this brought.

Foz, however, had another thought pending. If glitch had stopped causing chaos, and Tala wasn't interested in wreaking havoc anymore, then who would make missions for the cadets? Maybe it was better without missions. The way the higher command intended the academy to be, just going to landmarks and observing. Make no mistake, Foz loved his time as a global hero, but it was a lot of pressure for four kids. A lot of fighting and breakdown happened behind the scenes, and maybe he was glad to leave that behind, away from the new go jetters. Maybe a fresh start was what the system needed.

This was it. A new chapter.