Going to Court

"Good morning, do you know where I may find a...Mr. Wright?" A girl in a kimono like outfit with blonde hair and dyed multicolored tips asked Apollo as his boss talked with him, "You must be our client's receptionist who asked to stand in for me as Apollo's co counsel." She nodded while introducing herself, "My name is Ana Turmeuline. I hope I can be of service to you today, Apollo."
---------------------------------------------------------
Lobby -> Court Is in Session
---------------------------------------------------------

"Sir. How have you been? Nothing broken?" The girl swarmed Phoenix with questions but he simply patted her head and told her, "I'll be fine, Ana. Just...maybe take a few deep breaths, okay? After this is over..I'll keep helping you look for your sister." She frowned while fixing her hair, "You could always just say that without messing up my hair, sir." Apollo had taken a look at her outfit again

"Why are you dressed so extravagant?" Apollo asked her and she responded, "Because I have a performance at a kids party after this but, porcupine over there asked me to help you last minute

"Why are you dressed so extravagant?" Apollo asked her and she responded, "Because I have a performance at a kids party after this but, porcupine over there asked me to help you last minute." Phoenix was embarrassed by her nickname, "If my sis can call you "porcupine" so can I, sir."

'She's kinda weird.' Apollo thought as court was called into session and the judge addressed Ana before him or Kristoph, "Ms. Turmeuline? I didn't expect to see you here today. I was under the impression that Kristoph would be doing co-counsel for this trial." She politely responded, "That is still the case, your honor. I am merely sitting in to see how Mr. Justice does in place of my boss who is the defendant in this trial." She gave a smile, "Surely there's no problem there?" He agreed and after seeing Phoenix had commented about Phoenix's situation, stopping before he brought up Phoenix's lover who had disappeared on him with nothing to locate her with approximately two years after he had been disbarred.

"To think I'll see you go in chains." Payne commented which made Ana remark, "I see subtlety still isn't your strongsuit even after all these years Payne." He glared at her while beginning to state the facts of the case and she merely smiled in return, almost scarily in fact (well according to Kristoph and Apollo anyway). 'I would show you scary if I could be the defense attorney for this case...but that'll have to wait for another day.' Ana watched carefully as Apollo began to realize he could see his witness's tells (sign of lying) and, poked him to explain it to him before he made his next statement, "If you keep pressing them then expose their tells..it'll yield better results."

Kristoph concurred with her and she gave her scarily sweet smile, "Just trust me, Apollo." He did as she directed and by the end of the witness's testimony, they had gained valuable information to question the next witness with, though Ana had made a suggestion to both the judge and Payne which was to keep the old lawyer's snide comments to a minimum. "Olga Orly....poked and prod until her testimony is shredded into pieces." Ana suggested to Apollo who had been honestly surprised by the girl's ferocity in a courtroom, until she had shouted "Objection!!" The court turned to look at her as she mercilessly burned Olga's choice of disguise which she claimed, "It can fool all these people in the courtroom but it can't fool me. Now, show us who you really are, Olga Orly the dealer of the game that night!!!"

Olga shouted in surpise but agreed to her request and showed who she really was, "Name's Olga Orly and I'm a pro dealer. That prissy girl over there...she's got more sense than you Mr. Prosecutor." She cackled about the fact that Payne actually took her act at face value unlike Ana, "Well, it takes one to know one. Though, your performance needed some work." Her response shocked the court when Olga called her an actress, making her growl a bit in annoyance then giving her testimony which caused Ana to state, "Legends are meant to be just that, Ms. Orly. Legends...but what happened that night made you scared didn't it? It you're little nervous tick is anything to take account of."

Olga flinched as Apollo finished for Ana, "You were hit over the head with the bottle first which is why you keep touching your hair!! Because of the phantom pain left by that one swing!!" After Olga revealed that Phoenix was innocent of being the murderer, Ana had successfully directed the blame to the real culprit which was Kristoph. "The victim did in fact meet with Kristoph, didn't they sir!" She aggressively questioned her boss while ignoring Kristoph who was trying to prevent her from outing his plan to get rid of Phoenix forever by putting him behind bars, after he'd sabotaged the case that caused Phoenix to get disbarred seven years ago after he was unable to manipulate it in his favor, instead tricking Phoenix into presenting his previously made false evidence and causing his downfall.

"The defense calls Kristoph Gavin to the stand!" Ana had successfully convinced the judge that Kristoph was indeed responsible for the murder (cause he was), and cleared her boss's name as Apollo watched with genuine respect for her as a lawyer. "Court is adjourned!"
---------------------------------------------------------
Lobby
---------------------------------------------------------

"I did it!!" Ana cheered as Apollo shook his head, "You mean steal my case and solve it for me? Because you did that I'm fairly sure." He then asked her, "Are you actually a lawyer?" She nodded while showing him her defense attorney badge and prosecutor's badge, "I have been since I was in high school." She giggled while saying, "Time's were different then." Apollo piped up quickly, "Wait, how old are you even?!"

She blinked, "I'm twenty two. Why?" Apollo fainted on the spot after that, '...You look like you should be in high school....'
---------------------------------------------------------
Swipe up or tap below for more!
---------------------------------------------------------