Just another casual day

I was cleaning the front of the LycoReco café when I heard an obnoxiously loud voice. Although it was quite irritating to be startled by it, it felt really familiar.

"Takinaaaa!"

When I headed towards the origin of the voice, I saw a young pretty girl with a bright smile, yellow dazzling hair wearing a red dress, looking at me with the bewitching scarlet eyes. I spent so many days thinking about that pair of eyes, I get the feeling that they can melt anyone's hearts. Maybe I was also affected?

This girl is Chisato. In a series of stunning events, I and she worked together at this café, somehow it got closed forever, and somehow it got opened again. Now I still can't believe all the things that happened, and how we are here. But here we are.

"Takina! Why do you always wear that poker face? Smile! Waratte!"

It was a casual day, nothing really happy happened and nothing really sad happened either. Chisato is still Chisato, she is always so noisy.

"I thought you are having a special training in DA."

To ensure that her new heart works as expected, Chisato was put through some tests and trainings. I'm not really happy that she was put into it like a test subject of some sorts, and I tried to come with her, but she insisted that she was ok. I came anyway and got kicked out. Sigh.

"It was done! I was waiting for so long for this day so that I can go on a holiday with Takina-chan!"

I grabbed her shoulders.

"Eh? Takina...?"

"You are alright? Does it hurt somewhere? Your movements are ok? Any trouble breathing?"

I'm so worried that it's hard to sleep these days. The training is finally done, and I hope we can enjoy normal life again. I don't even know why I worry that much. I guess I don't even understand myself that well.

"Well... I'm perfectly fine! No problem at all!"

"Really?"

I still can't believe this girl who tends to lie about her own health.

"Really!"

But when I look at Chisato's eyes, somehow I can believe her this time. She is genuinely fine.

"Okay. That's good".

I put my hands off her shoulders and then I kept cleaning the front of the café.

"Takina! Are you listening to me?"

"I do."

"Vacation! Come with me on a vacation!"

"Eh? You mean right now?"

"Of course! I'm only free from today to tomorrow morning! Come, come with me!"

Chisato is wearing such a bright smile that reminds me of the sun. I guess if she insists that much, then it's true that she doesn't have a lot of free time.

"But I have to clean..."

I really hate to stop my work when I'm still at it. I'm the type that gets super irritated when the job is not going as planned.

"Anyone can do this, right?"

She said that and stole the broom in my hands, swiftly threw it to Kurumi who was holding her smartphone. It hit her forehead and caused her to let out a cute "Ahhh!"

"Kurumi, please do it! Please!"

"What? Why do I have to clean up behind your mess, Chisato?"

Kurumi is clearly annoyed, still holding her forehead.