24 | Palace Raid

:)

<Words: 778>

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Crystallia's POV:

"Come with me young ones we must hide! The ninja will protect us," I hurried the little children that were outside of the palace inside and shut the secret door. "But what if they fail? Are we going to die? I want my mommy!" they all started to talk at once and I couldn't handle it "Ok guys, we just need to stay quiet and they won't find us down here ok?" the kids started to calm down they were all hoping that after this they could just go back home to their parents, but little do they know that the reason they are here is because my guards took them here and marked them as orphans.

"I'm bored, do you have any games down here?" one of the older kids asked me "I might have some board games in the closet," I pointed to the wooden cabinet that was in the corner of the room and the kid happily got up and opened the door, she pulled out a game of candy land and other children gathered around either watching or playing. I sighed and looked out the small opening in the wall which showed the outside, it was chaos everywhere. Fires burned, dead citizens on the floor with pools of blood around them, screaming kids, it was all too much for me to handle. I am failing at being a ruler which can hit you hard like a brick to the face.

I could hear the ceiling boards creek as if somebody was walking above us, 1 creek turned into 10, 10 turned into 100, 100 turned into even more. This wasn't just a clump of the housemaids, this was a raid from the villain. The palace was being raided I now had to make a choice, stay with these kids and protect them at all costs or try and stop Amocleera from gaining ultimate power.

I hurried the 10 kids into a large cabinet and told them to be as quiet as they possibly could and then I ran upstairs. I slowly opened the door and watched Amocleera's raiders go towards the room which held the Crystal bow, luckily I knew a secret entrance to the room. If I could just turn on the emergency security switch then the bow would be safe because once the button is pushed, the cables that secure the bow are inside the pedestal which holds the switch and the pedestal goes down into the floor. The forcefield can only be taken down with a special weapon which only I possess and it is kept inside a cave 10 miles from here.

some people wonder why I never just keep the forcefield up the whole time well, that is because we rarely ever get attacks s we have no reason to. The Crystal planet is usually a very peaceful place except for a few thieves, this moment was probably the most intense attack we've hand in 250 years. I hid behind the crystal columns that were inside the palace as I made my way to the secret door, avoiding to be caught by any of Amocleera's raiders. Once I was at the door, I pushed a stone and the door opened and I ran inside, unfortunately I hadn't known that Amocleera herself would be there.

"Ah Countess Crystallia, nice of you to join us," Amocleera hissed at me as a small smile appeared onto her face "I am not here to enjoy any kind of occassion with you, I'm here to stop you," I glared at Amocleera but she just kept on smiling at me. But it wasn't a normal smile, it was an evil smile, the kind of smile that made your skin creep and make yoursef shudder at just the thought of it.

"Well then, I can't let you do that," Amocleera started to slither to the bow fast and I quickly ran to the pedestal, once she knew what I was doing she threw her spear at me. 

A sharp pain came to me seconds later, I collapsed onto the floor and looked down at the area with my heart. The spear was there piercing through my skin. I started to cry and I looked at her, but the smile was still there, she hadn't cared one bit that she hit me right in the heart. "This is what happens when people try to stop me Crystallia," Amocleera picked up the bow and started to chuckle.

I could feel blood start to go around me, it sticked to my arms, legs, the floor, and to my back.

Then everything went black.

Pitch black.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

👸🏽🤺🐍