State Of Grace

Summary: Wanda and Y/n talk about their feelings

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

Today is a quiet day. One of the days when you and Wanda have some free time to yourselves, away from the other Avengers and the chaos that the job brings.

You both lie on your bed in silence, basking in each other's presence, your hand entwined with hers between your bodies. Out of the corner of your eyes, you see Wanda's gaze fixed on the ceiling, barely blinking.

"What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" You ask as you turn sideways to look at her, your index finger meeting the frowning space between her eyebrows and she lets out a low chuckle. Wanda shakes her head then.

"Life is so strange." The brunette says after a while, her eyes still fixed on the wall. "Everything happens so fast, hectic. Busy streets, busy lives... Next thing you know, a year has passed and a million things have happened." She rambles on and you remain silent, giving her the freedom to air her thoughts.

"I've had my heart broken so many times. So many times that I promised I wouldn't let anyone else in, for fear of getting hurt again." She speaks ruefully, her face contorting in sadness, and takes a deep breath, remembering all the things she has been through. You just wish you could ease her pain somehow.

Wanda turns over in bed as well, facing you, and you offer her a small reassuring smile. She smiles back. "But then you come around and the armor falls." She continues, her hand coming up to caress your cheek. "I never saw you coming and now you're my Achilles heel."

"Yeah, I get what you mean." You agree, your heart warm inside your chest at the sincere words and the caress on your skin. "Life has never been easy, for either of us." You continue, and Wanda nods, also knowing all the traumas your past brings you.

"But we learn to live with the pain," you say hopefully "mosaic broken hearts." You add humorously and Wanda lets out a soft chuckle, nodding afterwards. You bring your hand to the brunette's waist, drawing gentle circles there.

"I'm just glad you came into my life. You've changed me completely, for the better." You confess, and seeing Wanda's cheeks take on an intense shade of pink makes your heart beat even harder for her. "I never saw you coming and I'll never be the same."

A wide smile makes its way to Wanda's lips at the confidence and the brunette leans forward, capturing your lips on hers. You sigh against the kiss, your body immediately relaxing.

"I love you, Y/n." She whispers as the kiss ends, her forehead resting against yours, and you smile. It's not possible that happiness like this exists, a true state of grace.

"I love you too, Wanda."

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

I hope you enjoyed it! Thoughts and comments are always welcome ツ

You can also find me on Tumblr (@abimess) and on AO3 (@abimess)