At dusk

"Hey, Astumu-san, you should wake up."

Jolting awake, Atsumu blinks several times before turning to Hinata. The other man, sitting sideways on the van's middle seat, smiles innocently at him. Behind him, Bokuto is sleeping, headphones on his head as though preparing for a game.

"We'll be there soon! Aren't you excited? I can't wait!", the younger one says, almost jumping in place bubbling with sheer excitement.

Atsumu nods, half-asleep. Hinata is always hyper, even more so before a game. Although, as he looks at him, he's surprised to see him wearing civilian clothes instead of his usual comfy sweatpants and sweat-shirt. Atsumu frowns at Hinata's odd clothing choices; a sports T-shirt, cargo pants, hiking shoes and a camo vest to top off everything else . What was this accident with his wardrobe? He looks like a 50 years old dad. He doesn't even own cargo pants!

When he turns his head and eyes the countryside outside the van, he notices several things. The wide, open landscapes, incredibly flat compared to what he knows, the forest made of other trees, the non-existent roads with potholes so deep that they make the whole van jolt...

Where the fuck even are they?

"Stop jumping in place, Hinata, you will give yourself a tummy ache... again.", comes the deep and tired, recognizable amongst thousands, voice of Aran.

(Aran? What the hell is he doing here? He was supposed to be at an away game in Hokkaido!)

"Shōyō without emotional bowel movements? Unheard of, captain.", and yes, the brunet he sees in the rearview mirror is unmistakingly Oikawa.

Yeah, the same Oikawa who lives in Argentina. The same Oikawa who he distinctly remembers told him that he was in the middle of the South America Volleyball tournament and therefore, couldn't watch the newest episode of RuPaul's Drag Race with him. And yet, here he sat with them in the van.

*Okay what the fuck* Atsumu thinks *Did I drink too much? Smoke somethin' bad? What the fuck is happenin'?*

"We will be there soon. Just a few more minutes.", announces whoever is driving.

Atsumu observes the mountain driving - the man is so tall, even the van's ceiling isn't high enough. He's hunched over his wheel, knees on either part, completely folded in half. It looks incredibly uncomfortable but the man in question is whistling some foreign tune. He must be fine - or at least used to it. He's definitely not Japanese, judging by his impressive stature and most importantly, his blond hair and thick accent. However, Atsumu is only versed in Hogyo accent which means he couldn't actually pick up where the other was coming from. The van itself is rather spacious, considering it holds five international athletes and one giant, but it looks like it has seen far better days: the carpet at his feet might have been red, a century ago. At least, it's clean.

All of this doesn't help him in the slightest. He still doesn't know where he is, where he's heading, why the others are here and who their driver is. That leaves too many questions unanswered at this point. He twists and turns until he can look behind him, trying to see if other friends are with them. The answer is no, it's only Aran, Oikawa, Bokuto, Hinata and him - plus Foreigner-san. Where is Omi-Omi, his dearest boyfriend of two years? Sunarin and his brother? Don't get him wrong, he loves all of his friends but he can't help wondering why they're here. They wouldn't be his first choice for a road trip. Hell, he wonders what he's doing here, too!

As if reading his mind, Hinata starts speaking again.

"It's sad that Omi-san couldn't come with us. His family gathering really fell on the worst date possible. By the way, Osamu-san called earlier and told you to be careful, Atsumu-san! He's a really attentive brother."