The Lunar Eclipse in Broad Daylight

One day in the middle of June, the Wellesley family was enjoying a day out at the beach.

Their son, Fetch, was getting ready to serve a volleyball to his sister, but just then, their mother called out to them, "Kids, it's time to eat!"

Fetch set the volleyball down in the sand and bolted over to their beach towel.

"I made your favorite, homemade soup!" she exclaimed. 'Yay!" screamed Fetch.

"Come over here sis, mom made soup!" he said happily.

His sister rushed over and sat down in front of a bowl of soup.

"Thank you!" The siblings said in unison as they each took a bite.

Suddenly, the sky turned dark. "What's going on?" Fetch said.

"I'm not sure." His mom said with a confused expression.

Fetch's little sister hugged their dad and almost sobbed in fear.

"It's ok Lilli, you'll be ok, it's only an eclipse." He said reassuringly.

He gazed up and then realized something.

This eclipse is nothing normal, it's a lunar eclipse in the middle of the day!

Then a silhouette started to float downward from where the eclipse was.

It was a person!

"Good day," said the mysterious woman in a gentle voice.

"Who are you?" Fetch asked.

"I am the one who decides when eclipses should happen, and what type the eclipse is." She answered.

"My name is something that will remain a mystery to you, only until you figure out how I do this, that is. I am only a mere human. Once you figure it out, I will provide you and your family with my power."

She started flying away when Fetch yelled up towards her, "Wait!"

The girl peered down at Fetch with a questioning look on her face.

"What is it?" She asks.

Fetch wants to ask so many questions, but he knows she won't answer most of them, so he settles on asking her one he knows she will answer.

"W- well, I was going to ask if you will ever be back." He stuttered.

"Yes I will be, now I best be going. Goodbye." She says.

The woman floats up and Fetch turns back to his family.

"What is going to happen to us if we don't figure anything out? How she does everything she does?" He asks worriedly.

"I don't know, but don't worry about it." Fetch's dad said.

Fetch went over to Lilli and picked her up, as tough as it was with her being only 2 years younger.

He placed her down on her side of the volleyball net and ran over to his.

"Let's go!" He said picking up the volleyball. "Serve!" Said Lilli eagerly.

"I can't stop thinking about all that just happened!" Fetch thought

"Does she have powers? Is she lying about being human!?"

Thoughts raced through his head and he lost focus.

"Got you! I got a point!" Lilli remarked.

"Nice work!" Fetch said with a grin.

"I can't think of what she could be doing! Does she know a god or somebody who lends her power? Since when can humans fly!?" Fetch thought.

He sat down at the spot where the ocean met the sand and let his legs get soaked by the cold water.