A Normal Day

It really had started out a normal day.
Karkat was curled up in a ball, sheets ripped from him. Dave had done this, managing to sprawl himself across the rest of the bed with one hand left lonesome over the edge. This was how they usually woke up, and Dave learned not to mind the long rants Karkat would go off on about how he never got any warmth from the blankets he himself had gone out and bought.
They fell into their usual routine that day, after waking up. The short troll had brought himself awake, going ahead and pulling himself out of the comfort that was the shared bed and leaving to make some breakfast for the two.
Of course, later Dave ventured on out, greeting Karkat by wrapping his arms around his waist and burying his own face in the cooking person's shoulder.
"Good morning." Was greeted in a muffled tone, and Karkat couldn't prevent a smile from dancing upon his lips.
"Hey lazy ass. Hope you slept enough." Dave just kind of mumbled something in response, swaying a little with Karkat, who was only wearing the red sweater graciously lended to him and a pair of boxers. Dave was wearing similar clothing, minus the sweater.
After a minute of this the food seemed to be satisfactory to Karkat's standards, so he began on plating it, which to Dave's disappointment meant he had to let go of him.
"You know, you should probably put some clothes on. Syrup is involved and I don't want you to get the sticky shit all over you."
This only earned a chuckle from the one being told this, and he ran a hand through his hair with a yawn.
"And what if I want to get it all over me? That just means you get to take a shower with me afterwards and help me get it off." This wasn't abnormal of Dave to say, well, at least, it was regular for him to say something suggestive, it didn't matter if he had just woken up or was two seconds from falling asleep, he was known to be able to make such a remark at any time.
"Oh shut up and get a shirt on." Karkat insisted despite the small red rising to his cheeks. Without another word Dave went back to the room to fulfill this request, and Karkat busied himself with putting the food on the table and serving himself up some.
After a bit Dave returned, and noted Karkat was already tearing into the waffles. So he thought it best to get some (food) and start eating as well.
It was quiet while they ate, mostly because the two were shoving food particles in their face. It seemed different this time, and this is the time their day went wrong.
Oh so wrong.