The wish upon a shooting star

"Yoo Jeongyeon,"

Jeongyeon slowly opens her eyes. Everything is blurry at first and she's having a hard time opening her swollen eyes. She blinks and lets her eyes adjust before glancing at the person who called her name.

"Nayeon." She whispers.

Her head starts to hurt. The sunlights that passes through the window is not helping, as well as the scent of alcohol that she consumed last night.

'Damn.'

"I thought a can of beer can do no harm?" Nayeon said softly while assisting her to sit on her couch.

Jeongyeon chuckles. Guilty about the fact that she drank more than what she promised.

And she's sure that Nayeon knows. It takes more than a can of beer to knock her out. She's so drunk last night that she wasn't able to make it on her bed.

Jeongyeon winces in pain and holds onto her head. Nayeon offers a glass of water to her and that's when she noticed that Nayeon is kind of different that day.

Nayeon is really pretty today. But don't get her wrong, she's pretty as always, but she's stunning in her make up and white gown—oh shit!

She suddenly remembers the sole reason why she drank so much alcohol the night before.

The realization poured in like cold water along with the pain, and regrets that she's been trying to forget these past few years.

She holds onto her chest because of the sudden familiar pain she felt.

She started feeling something warm in the corner of her eyes but she dismissed it right away by standing up.

"What time is it?" Jeongyeon asked while wiping the corner of her eyes. She searched for her phone, but she found Nayeon's on top of the table instead. She grabs the phone and checks the time.

11:11am.

The wedding ceremony is at 1pm and they need at least half an hour to go to the venue!

"Oh shit!" Jeongyeon exclaimed and grabbed her own hair out of frustration. She starts to grab random clothes in her closet.

"Stupid! I'm so stupid! Why did I let myself drink too much alcohol last night?!" she added while panicking.

What do you mean why? You were drinking last night because she's getting married to the person who can truly make her happy.... Jeongyeon groaned as her own thoughts reminded her.

In the middle of everything, Jeongyeon realized that the girl with her was just sitting still and watching her.

"And why are you still here? You're Momo's bridesmaid! You need to be there!" Jeongyeon said, pacing back and forth. Can't make up her mind what to do first.

"Says Mina's bridesmaid." Nayeon replied while looking at her amusingly.

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes.

"Don't pick a fight, Nayeon. We're running late. I'll take a bath now—"

Nayeon suddenly stands up and holds her wrist. The older girl looks into Jeongyeon's eyes as if she's seeking something on it.

"What?" Jeongyeon's eyes furrow towards her friend.

Nayeon sighs and reaches for both of her hands. Her thumbs are gently caressing the back of the younger's hands.

She knows that the gesture is something that can calm Jeongyeon. Because she saw Mina do that a lot of times.