Chapter 4

Ezra's Pov: I didn't mean to hurt his feelings. It did kinda hurt when he slammed me against the ground. I should apologize to him and make it up to him as well. Maybe we hangout and talk- ugh! Never mind.

I mean what's the point? It comes down to him. He's perfect and I'm not. He's popular for being out and about academic districts . I'm programmed to be the lab rat of this school because of the shitty reputation it holds. Bottom line is why of all people does it have to be him?

Ezra was so caught up in his thoughts that he bumped into another person. He looked up an inaudible "sorry" and kept walking. "Hey, dropped something!" the guy yelled out. Ezra waved him off as he turned the corner.

Kanan's POV: Fuck did I go too far? I mean yea I did kinda slammed him hard to the ground but I didn't want that to be that way. Shit. It comes down to this. This kid. He's snarky and his ambition to avoid me is cute. I'm fond his independence and progressive organization of his life but what  I admire most his that he likes me. How do I know? It's no coincidence that every time he sees me, his face is flushed and he's quick to snap out at me to cover the look of embarrassment.

Or that he constantly wants me to help him with a math problem when his literally a whiz kid from the universe. Did I also mention the overlap of texts between 1:35 seconds? Most about school, few about the job, and a lot of "I'd like it if you'd quit your games and stop hitting on me. I don't swing that way." text.

I bumped into someone who mumbled sorry and kept walking. The person dropped something. "Hey, you dropped something of yours!" I called out. He waved me off and kept going. It looked like some type of book. With his initials engraved in it. It was a reddish brown book with the initials in gold in cursive writing.

I opened it. It was a journal. April 22nd, 2014 Friday. I walked the halls reading and wondering why would he keep this from me? What am I saying but damn Ez, is this that bad?