Part 1: A carefree dance

"Never lose your faith or your sword, they are the only things that will prevent the destruction of the world" is what my father said, before running towards the seal of 100 souls, and dying for the good of the world.

I remembered, as I watched him run to his death, how he had always told me to hold on to my sword and my belief in myself.

"It seems that you are very distracted, Cristopher" Alicia said taking me out of my thoughts.

I smiled at her. "You know what? You're right. I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't worry about what happened with your father.

It was not your fault".

That last thing he said made me sad, because I know that it was my fault.

But there's nothing I can do about it now, so it doesn't matter anymore.

"What are we doing?"

"Let's enjoy this party, and then let's worry about the problems of the kingdom"

I said so as not to worry her.

Alicia laughed a little. "Of course I am worried about the kingdom! But if you don't want to talk about your father, then there's no need to discuss it, is there?"

"Yes, thanks for understanding."

I smiled back.

After a short time I decided to go to the party with her.

I looked around and saw that most of the people were dancing.

The warriors and knights were all dressed in their best clothes, and some of them even wore masks.

And they were all happy, even though they knew that tomorrow would be the hardest day they would face.

Tomorrow we fight against it...

Tomorrow I will avenge my father.

As soon as I entered the room full of dancing people, Alicia took my arm and started walking.

We stopped in the center of the ballroom. He put his right hand on my shoulder and with his left hand he held my right hand.

"Are you more comfortable now?" said she.

"Much better" I replied, and then I noticed that I was smiling again.

She took my hands from his and put his arms around my neck.

With our heads together we danced for a couple of minutes.

My heart was beating calmly, I really felt very good.