Chapter .:1:.

"Mara? Mara are you listening to me?" Lucy's voice tearing through my haze of the past had my head tilting in her direction.

"No" She replied, turning away from the lighted mirror to face her fully.

Sighing she shook her head in mild annoyance "I was asking which dress you wanted to wear today"

"I don't see the point, I'm going to be trekking through the woods, a dress, really?" Glancing in disdain at the sundresses she had laid out on the plush bed.

"Your going to be meeting your future mate today! Your new pack! You must look presentable!" She hissed in return, hands on hips as her foot began to tap in a rhythm the whole pack knew as end of discussion.

Heaving a sigh she grabbed the black sundress despite her nudging the white one in her direction "Really? It's bad enough I have to wear a dress in a forest don't insist on a white one to boot"

Her glare turned into a sheepish smile as she shrugged "I had hopes to finally get you to wear white"

"It's not a practical color" She responded, sliding the dress over her olive skin, Lucy giving a small tug to the natural loose curls that danced around her shoulders, black as a ravens feathers.

"Do you want me to cut your bangs?" They both knew the answer "You don't have to hide your eyes" She finished softly

Shrugging she turned away to slip on her socks and ankle boots. She knew she was being silly, they knew she couldn't shift, this mating was for a peace treaty between the packs, and yet she grew out her bangs so they dipped into her eyes. It was common knowledge, those that cannot shift gain the eyes of the wild, eyes that resemble a cats, pupils reacting to the sun, bursting with colors, hers being the pale colors of greens and blues.

Tan arms wrapped around me as she rested her chin on my head "I'll miss you, I won't see you until the monthly gatherings" Giving a soft pout as I chuckled at her childishness.

"Your the best Luna" Mara murmured

"Your going to make a fantastic Luna you know?" She encouraged "I had your bags taken downstairs, I'm sure the men are already here to escort you"

Giving a few more squeezes and kisses paired with encouraging words she headed downstairs. Despite not being able to shift she was far stronger than a human, faster, senses all outstanding, her senses were stronger than even the shifted, so it was no surprise they didn't hear her approaching nor the fact she could hear their words easily.

"I just don't see why we have to make a pact with this tribe, the women are all weak, only caring about looking nice and throwing parties, it would of been better to take a male instead" One grumbled

"It will be fine" Deeper voice than the other.

"I mean she can't even shift! We are getting a Luna that can't protect anything, I can already hear her whiny tone about not having enough parties" He hissed

"You forget some of our women throw parties, you act as if our women are all fighters" He replied

"Our women do the duties they enjoy! Cooking and tending the gardens and the kids are respectable jobs, my point is some of our women fight, none of the women here has ever touched a weapon, these women just hide behind their males! They have maids to do all the cleaning and cooking for them! I wouldn't be surprised if they have nannies as well!" He hissed once again.

"You should watch your tongue, you speak in someone else's territory as if your an insolent pup yapping away for attention" Stepping off the last step she smiled softly as they tensed.