Chapter 24 ~ Forgetting

~ November 11th ~ Tighnari's POV: ~

"Mr. Tighnari!" Collei ran to me while I was finalizing my work, "Collei, just give me a little more time, I'm sure whatever you need can wait."

"B-But Mr. Tighnari, somebody is here to see you!" Collei said. "Come out right now, they are waiting for you!"

Ugh... If it's the Akedemiya again, then I'm going to kick somebody.

"If it's not, Mr. Tighnari. We have a proposal for you." This woman wearing a Liyue-styled gown proceeded to shift her bangs behind her ear. "I am Baiwen, secretary of the Jade Chamber, I'm here for the information that you hold about the disappearance of the Balladeer, now known as Scaramouche," Baiwen said.

"I'm sorry, who?"

"We would like you to join the investigation." Baiwen told me, "This was a request by Lady Ningguang herself."

"Mr. Tighnari, this is a great opportunity to be associated with the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing, I recommend you accept this!" Collei told me.

"You wouldn't be considering this if I informed you who the investigation involved." I narrowed my eyes, "We decline, now leave us alone, I have some work to do." I said.

"..." Baiwen was quiet, "Are you sure? This will upset Lady Ningguang, you might be our last hope."

"Last hope? Don't we have that lawyer Yanfei working on the case, why does this need to involve me?" I question.

"Because you are a scholar who graduated as one of the tops in Amurta School, quite possibly able to automatically be accepted into the fatui schemes, and Yanfei had reported back to Liyue Qixing on how the case will be closed," Baiwen explained.

"Oh, you guys found him already? Why are you coming to be then, are you stupid?" I cross my arms.

"No, we have not found him yet." Baiwen interlaced her fingers, transferring to a serious tone. "Lawyer Yanfei had given up."

"Wait, who's involved in the investigation Tighnari?" Collei asked, "I would like to know!"

"A certain ex-harbinger got captured and is being used as the doctor's test subject, perhaps if Lawyer Yanfei is calling off the case, I'll agree with her expert advice." I shrug.

Collei's eyes widened at my given information, she dropped her clipboard and pen she's been holding to keep track of what I told her to do. "The Doctor..."

"I... I-"

"See? Now you don't want to be involved right? I hardly know this Balladeer guy, if he has been ranked a harbinger I'm confident he can escape himself, right?" I said, "now come on, let's get back to work, the forest watchers have significant problems of our own."

Collei was very hesitant... don't tell me she was actually considering it. "Collei, remember. You are still recovering, we have more important work to do here in the Avidya Forest." I remark.

"Very well then Mr. Tighnari, THEN YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!" Collei screamed, rushing to Baiwen and bowing before her. "I would like to help, I'm not letting another victim be traumatized by the wrath of The Doctor!"

"C-Collei... Are you insane?! It's better if you stay uncontroversial, you're still recuperating, who knows what that coward could do to you!" I shouted. "Get a hold of yourself and think!"

"I can guarantee your safety, Ms. Collei." Baiwen smiled, "we appreciate all the help we can get."

"You stupid Jade Chamber secretary's, don't you have better things to do rather than picking off the forest rangers?!" I shouted, "you big lumox. Go back to the random floating building would you?"