1

A loud gunshot echoed and silenced everyone in the midst of a chase of lives. Dealers, gangs, innocent people, and police.

I ran as fast as I could in a dark alley and adjusted my sight. For a normal human being, it would be hard for them to run fast in this kind of place.  Too narrow and many stuffs blocking  the way. If not only because of my ability, I’d probably have been tripped and fell.

It's a full moon. I climbed in the last house and silently crawled on the roof. I saw how these idiots run for their lives. Gunshots were everywhere.

I smirked when I saw Herardo stumble in the pile of garbage. Two officers hurriedly ran towards him and aimed their gun. One did not hesitate to shoot him in his left leg. He groaned and tried to struggle but he was catched.

‘You deserve it, traitor.’

One more police mobile passes and I am good to go. I stood up and stretched my neck and jumped to the road leading to the main one.

Walking down the empty streets, I am humming my favorite metal song I once heard when I was strolling down before in the busy street of Lamera when suddenly,  a couple of hands grabbed me. In just a snap, I felt the cold metal post and tasted the rusty taste of my blood.

“Fxck you, Avi! What have you done?”  Rock exclaimed. He was furious and feisty.

I spit blood. His gun is now pointed at me. I smirked.

“What are you gonna kill me now? Don’t blame me for your stupidity! How many times have I warned you?” I raised my hand and showed him my finger. “One? Two? Three? Four?” Every count I did I folded my finger until the only one left was my middle finger.

“I’ve warned you until this middle finger of mine lost its care.” I used my middle finger to remove his gun pointed at me without averting my gaze.

“The audacity of pointing your gun when you are the one who’s at fault. I told you before, never point your gun to me when you’re not going to pull the trigger. Be thankful, I am in the mood right now to let this slide,” I said, emotionless.

I saw him lose his shit because of his stupidity. He drastically washed  his face through his sweaty and trembling hands when reality hits his imbecility.

I left him. I don’t wanna ruin my mood tonight. I reached my apartment. Took off my coat and carelessly hung it at the back of the door. My apartment where I live is only good for one person. There’s an old sofa and tv in the sala where I used to sleep more than the bed I have.

I went straight to the kitchen and opened the cupboard. Took one cup of instant noodles and waited ’till it’s good to eat when a sudden whooshing of air reached my ears and before I could turn my back, someone spoke.

“ Miss Aviel?” two yellow-eyed werewolves were standing behind my back. They were wearing black hoodies and ripped black pants. There’s a trace of mud in their shoes. Probably they just ran wild in the forest just to get here.

“Who are you?” I calmly said. I can’t sense any lurking danger behind their hood.

“We are a sentinel from Ellesmere.”

Ellesmere. . .

“Your grandmother—Madame Lanilor ordered us to give you the message. She wants you to go back to Ellesmere tomorrow before the crack of dawn. ”

A made a sly smile. Couldn’t believe what I just heard. Lanilor wants to see me? Is she sick or what?

“And what’s her guarantee that I will follow her command?”