Better off dead so I reckon I'm headed to Hell instead

Summary: Daenerys finally sees her throne! And checks in on a grieving Ellaria, while struggling to have time alone with Jon.

It's another short one to take us on to the next! That will definitely be my longest yet.

Dialogue heavy, lots of people to chat with in this chapter. I did say I wanted to give them their brains and voices back so I'm not too sorry about it!

Next chapter, the wedding and the bedding 😉

"Jesus needed a three-day weekendTo sort out all his bullshitFigure out the treasonI've been searching for a fortified defenseFour to five reasons

To sort out all his bullshit
Figure out the treason
I've been searching for a fortified defense
Four to five reasons

But Jesus, you've got better lips than Judas
I could keep your bed warm
Otherwise, I'm useless
I don't really mean it
'Cause who the fuck would choose this?

All of this is temporary"

Bells in Santa Fe – Halsey
*******

Daenerys

They stood before two grand bronze doors. Tyrion had a reverent air about him. His excitement during their tour had grown the closer they came to this room. On the other hand, Daenerys felt nothing but trepidation and distaste as they viewed the Red Keep by light of day. She was poised to finally set eyes on the throne she'd clawed, burnt, and killed to attain. Tyrion had demanded she at least look upon it after many refusals to take her rightful seat, she got tired of coming up with excuses and knew he'd shut up once he witnessed her reaction. She knew the stories; a thousand swords of Aegon's enemies that had been turned into the seat of power for her family. As a child, she'd imagined a tall and imposing throne that would take hours or days to climb. But when Greyworm opened the doors, she was severely underwhelmed.

They walked into a large, cavernous room lit by huge metallic braziers that Tyrion said were constantly ablaze and uncovered windows that ran the length of either side. The marble floor was as cold and unwelcoming as the rest of the Keep. She moved through it as though in a dream, her mind flashing between the now and the vision she'd had in the House of the Undying. It wasn't snowing. The sun shone through the windows to glint off the many gold adornments scattered around the room, keeping her from getting lost in her head.

She drew closer to the raised Dias and eyed the stairs she had to climb to reach it. They were constructed from a rough black stone that stood out from the lighter floor. She stopped before the first step and tilted her head to appraise everything she'd fought for. A tall window bearing the obnoxious Lannister roaring lion rearing up on its hind legs in black iron took up most of the wall behind the throne. She sighed and allowed herself to take in the throne. It repulsed her.