#0: Uneventful Breakfast

5:10

   The sound of ringing echoes around the room, and a young female slowly wakes up from her slumber.

the ringing alarm on her smartphone suggests that it is time to wake up, oh how she hates that sound.

She would rather remain on her bed, stuck internally in the world of illusion that she created in her sleep, away from the frightening reality than have to wake up to this cruel, filthy world.

She does now not apprehend why she continues to wake up every morning, she may also choose to without a doubt proceeded to be on her mattress and commence to fade away, however, she didn't, perchance it's due to the fact she would not prefer to hear her youthful cousin nagging her about snoozing late and how she will be late to her school.

  She slowly opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling, she hates looking at it so she continues to stare.

After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, she decided that it was time to start her day, as she stands up she turn off the stressful sound of her alarm, and she let her blanket fall onto the messy ground.

She heads to her bathroom to clean herself and get ready for her day, she stands in front of her bathroom mirror staring at herself with disgust.

There's nothing wrong with her face, she has messy medium-length black hair with blonde in front, she is slim and has pale skin she regarded so beautiful, she has a lovely darkish colored eye however you cannot see a hint of light on it.

It's like staring into the void of emptiness when you look into her eye

6:38

After doing her morning necessities/routine she heads downstairs to the living room solely to see her younger cousin, Emma, sitting on the sofa half asleep "you're awake early today?".

"oh Lucy, good morning" the younger female smiled at her.

Lucy stare at Emma as if asking her what was wrong "well... I had a nightmare earlier" Lucy look at Emma worriedly.

"but I'm ok now, the nightmare wasn't really scary" she smiled "I tried going back to sleep earlier but I'm fully awake now so I'm just sitting here to calm myself a little"

Lucy might find her annoying most of the time however she is the only person who stayed with her when she's feeling alone, she's the only one who tried to understand her other than him.

She walked to the kitchen and start searching for something, the younger female followed her confused "are you looking for something? I can get it for you if you want." she did not get any response

She watches Lucy as she starts boiling water then she realized she's making hot chocolate, she smiled.

Every time she has nightmares or she feeling down, hot chocolate always calms her down, she's surprised Lucy remembered.
Lucy might act cold and act like she doesn't care but deep down she's a big softie and cares so much for her family.

Emma always wonder how she turn out like the person she is now, she used to be a bright girl when she was younger but now she is completely different.

"I hope you don't burn the kitchen again" she giggled.
Lucy only stared at her blankly.

Lucy finishes making hot chocolate and gave it to her cousin, Emma gratefully accepts it, and after drinking, she starts to cook their breakfast.

Not too long after Emma finishes cooking, their grandfather wakes up, "good morning Grandpa, breakfast's ready, and the newspaper's on the table" Emma smiled at her grandfather while preparing the table

"thank you, Emma" the old man thanked his grandchild and ask "what for breakfast?"

"nothing special, just some eggs and bacon" she gives her grandfather a plate "why hasn't your brother wake up yet? He better not skip school again" the older man sighs.

"Lucy is already getting him, no need to worry grandpa" her older brother, Jake, has been a problem to them ever since their parents died, always getting into a fights and not going to school.

Emma is scared that one day Jake will completely lose his way in life and leave just like all the people she cared about in her past,that's why she doing her best to keep this family together

     ____________________________
Total words:734

The first few chapters will be boring as it will focus on the main character, Lucy's point of view of the world.

English is not my first language and I'm having difficulty writing this because I don't know how to write what I really want because of my lack of knowledge of the language and emotions.

But I really love writing, and I want to improve so I continue writing this book until I finish college, that is if I graduate.

Feel free to tell me what you think of my book and what I lack to make this book more entertaining to read

(that's right, every member of this family has issues)